- eighteen -

xviii. CONFESSIONS

"You're lying

"You're lying." Harry accused, holding up the parchments,"Are you the one?"

Stella sighed and bit her lips when Harry grabbed her arm and gestured her to sit down on the stairs. He himself sat down besides her and looked at her,"Tell me, was that you?"

"Yes." Stella breathed out, fumbling with the book in her hands. She refused to look at Harry because she was feeling embarrassed.

"Why?" Harry asked, his gaze still on the slytherin girl.

"Because....." Stella tried to find the right words,"Um... because I wanted you to know that I trust you but you would have never believed me If i would have told you personally, you understand what I am saying? I mean, we never really talked before, neither we were friends." Harry nodded, gesturing her to go on,"I am a Slytherin and Pansy's sister. Pansy is always bugging and troubling you, So you might have thought I'm just like her."

"No wait." Harry interrupted her,"Of course not. I knew from the start that you are nothing like her. At first, I even doubted that you are her sister."

"Really?"

"Yes but I still don't understand the motive behind writing a letter to me?" Harry chuckled slightly as Stella's cheeks grew hot due to the embarrassment.

"I just wanted you to know that there are people who trust you, care for you, support you." Stella said softly,"I wanted you to feel strong, loved and cared."

"I felt really good you know? When I first got the letter in the fourth year, I thought that it was a joke. That's what I thought until I received another letter before the third task. I felt that there are people who support me, exactly what you wanted." Harry smiled to himself as Stella glanced at him," It became an emotional support."

The two of them quiet for few minutes, just enjoying the silence covering them.

"And all this time I was writing about you to you." Harry laughed while Stella frowned.

"What does that mean?" Stella asked, looking at the Gryffindor.

"The girl I wrote about..." Harry smiled, a red tint of blush appearing on his cheeks,"It was you and I was asking you how to ask you out."

Stella still didn't get what he was saying but when she did a gasp escaped her lips.

"I have never felt this way towards anybody else. Please don't freak out but I feel something for you." Stella blushed furiously while Harry didn't realise that he was actually confessing,"You're the only one who I wouldn't mind loosing sleep for, the only one who I can never get tired of talking to, the only one who crosses my mind constantly throughout the day. You're the only one who make me smile without trying."

 Stella just stared at him, trying some words to say but she was too shocked to say anything. On the other hand, Harry realised that he met her on his life's darkest road ; her soul became his moon.

Harry stared at her blue eyes before leaning in and pressed his lips onto hers. Stella reciprocated, a little startled by the sudden touch but kissed him back. It was filled with promise and passion. It was like she kissed all his pains and worries away.

"I feel the same way." Stella whispered, looking at Harry, straight in his eyes. Harry couldn't help himself as a huge smile broke on his lips.

"I.. I don't know how to ask it but..." Harry laughed awkwardly,"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"That was fast." Stella joked causing Harry to laugh,"As much as I want to say yes, father will kill me if he finds out."

"Nobody needs to know." Harry chuckled, looking at the girl for an answer.

"Yes." Stella spoke up after a few minutes as Harry grinned and pulled the girl in a hug.

"We should get going. It's getting late." Stella informed, looking up at the sky. Saying a goodbye, Stella returned to her dorm with the huge smile never leaving her face.

"Why are you smiling so much?" Daphne asked as Stella entered the dorm. Lost in her own thoughts, Stella didn't hear what Daphne asked as she sat on her bed.

"Ella?" Daphne laughed, turning to her,"What the heck happened to you?"

"I'm so happy today!" Stella squealed, jumping on her bed,"Oh my god!"

"Tell me!!" Daphne demanded, pulling Stella down on her bed.

"Harry!" Stella squealed, trying to say out the words but she was smiling so much that she couldn't.

"Harry what?"

"He fucking asked me out!" Stella grinned as Daphne's eyes widened in shock.

"What!" Daphne exclaimed.

"Yes!" Stella laughed, hugging her best friend tightly.

Daphne smiled widely, knowing how much it meant to Stella. Only she and Draco were the one who knew about Stella's crush on Harry and they were both perfectly fine with it because it was Stella's choice. They supported her.

What the two girls didn't realise was that Pansy had heard their conversation.

-

It was a weekend and Stella was in her dorm, completing her essays when there was a tap on the window sill. Pansy looked at Stella and then at the owl which belonged to Harry. Before Pansy could reach it, Stella took the letter from Hedwig's beak and patted her before she flew away. 

Stella could feel her heart fluttering with joy as a small smile was tug her lips. She let out a low chuckle when she noticed that Harry still addressed the letter to the girl who trusts. 

Dear, the girl who trusts, 

I thought a lot and decided to tell you about the girl I like. She's Stella Parkinson. But don't go around teasing me now! 

It would elate you to know that I asked her out. She said yes! I couldn't sleep last night, I was just thinking about her. She's so precious and I'm scared of loosing her. 

In her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars. 

Even though I'm worried with all these things going around, she is my safe place and I know that she would be the one I would look upto in my hard times. 

That's all. 

Harry, the boy who lived. 

Stella but her lips to stop herself from smiling with all the weird and suspicious looks Pansy was throwing towards her. 

"Who is it?" Pansy asked, startling Stella who quickly put the letter in her book. 

"None of your business." Stella replied, picking up her book and walked out of her dorm. 

Downstairs, she plopped besides Daphne and her sister Astoria. 

"Where is Draco?" Stella asked, keeping her books on her lap,"It's been ages since I've talked to him."

"No idea." Daphne shrugged,"He has been so distant lately." 

A frown appeared on Stella's face as she nodded.