- forty two -

xlii. NOSTALGIA

Stella stood at the king's cross station with Draco on her side

Stella stood at the king's cross station with Draco on her side. A sad smile spread on her lips as her mind went back to the days she stood at the station with two of her loving parents by her side. An annoying sister would have been eating up Stella's head while ranting about Draco. Stella would look for her friends in the swarm of people. Often she would steal glances at the boy who lived.

But it changed. It was gone. The love and happiness she felt was washed away from her life by a huge tsunami of pain and torment. she used to walk on the path filled with soft flowers which brought a huge smile to her face. Now it felt like trudging through the path of thorns, which were prickling her feet at every step she took.

Stella observed the distressed faces of the parents who had came to see off their children. They were scared, it was obvious.

"Ella?"

Stella turned on her spot to find Pansy staring at her wide eyed.

"Hi." Stella awkwardly smiled as Pansy ran over to her.

"What are you doing here!" Pansy exclaimed.

"Well." Stella chuckled,"what does it looks like."

"Why?" Pansy gasped,"how? I mean what's going on?"

"Save that for later." Said Draco as the train let out a blaring whistle. Reluctantly, Pansy and Stella climbed on the train, searching for a compartment.

"Hey?" Stella was greeted by none other than Theodore nott.

"hi." Stella smiled, trying to sound as cheerful as possible.

"well how are you now?" Blaise who was sitting next to Theodore asked as the three others took their respective seat.

Stella confusedly looked between Theodore and blaise when Draco spoke up,"Oh she's fine, that's why she's here!"

"Oh yeah I was sick, Terribly." Stella went on with the lie,"I'm fine now."

"You could have at least replied to our letters." Theodore chuckled earning a nervous smile from Stella.

"Sorry." Stella shrugged,"I wasn't in the condition to write anything."

"It's fine." Blaise assured,"it's good to have you back."

Passersby threw a surprised look towards Stella while Stella pretended that she didn't see them. Once the train reached its destination, Stella hopped off the train, looking around for her best friend ; Daphne Greengrass.

"I'm going straight back to the dorm." Stella informed Draco and Pansy,"Everybody is looking at me like I just killed someone."

"Hmm." Draco nodded,"it'll be better that way."

Stella picked up her trunk and rushed to the Slytherin common room with her head hung low and her hair shielding her face. Upon reaching the dungeons, Stella breathed out in relief and Scampered up to her dorm.

The familiar smell of peppermint and wintergreen along with smell of pinepiney forest hit Stella's nose. She could feel the nostalgia. Dropping her trunk, Stella plopped on the bed which was hers as a small smile spread on her lips. She had never realised in her whole life of what she have left behind.

She was happy at Hogwarts, when things were alright. When she had her friends and everything she needed. When Draco wasn't forced into the 'death eaters' mess. She ran her hands over the mattress. It were all familiar and were giving immense pleasure to Stella. Though Hogwarts was not how it used to be, Stella was happy to meet her friends.

She waited for an hour when finally she could hear the chattering of the students filling the air.

"Astoria had to giv-" Daphne stopped mid sentence when she saw Stella . Daphne stared at the person standing in front of her while Pansy gave a warm smile.

"Stella?" Daphne whispered.

"Yes it's me." Stella nodded, tears flooding her blue orbs.

"I missed you!" Daphne cried, throwing herself on Stella who held her tightly.

"I missed you more." Stella sobbed, rubbing Daphne's back. The two girls didn't let go of each other for a while. Pulling away, Daphne smiled widely.

"How are you here?" Pansy asked, sitting on her bed,"I mean I'm so happy to see you back but what's exactly going on?"

"You know who sent me back." Stella shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Is he really your father?" Daphne gulped.

"Sadly, yes." Stella nodded.

"Sorry but that was just so shocking." Daphne frowned,"I mean all of a sudden... "

"Yeah it was." Stella agreed,"But now it seems like it was meant to happen."

"Why did he send you back?" Pansy asked.

"He wants me to drag Harry to him, if by any chance, Harry Potter visits Hogwarts."

"Potter would never!" Daphne exclaimed,"I mean won't someone find out if the Harry Potter visits Hogwarts. With this much protection and checking, he can't."

"He's Harry Potter." Stella reminded, emphasising the word 'Harry Potter'

"Leave that, what have you thought? What if Potter manages to slip inside Hogwarts?" Pansy inquired in a worried tone.

"Let's just hope that he stays away from my eyes." Stella shrugged.

"What does that even mean!" Daphne exclaimed.

"What does it sounds like?" Stella questioned back.

"You will help Potter?" Pansy asked in disbelief to which Stella nodded.

-

The next day, Stella wore her Slytherin robes with an amusing smile on her face. As she walked through the corridors with Daphne and Pansy on her side, students stared at her or whispered something to others.

Sitting on the Slytherin table in the great Hall, Stella's eyes fixed with Neville and Ginny who were staring at her. Looking away, Stella chewed on the mashed potatoes and scampered to the dungeons with Draco by her side.

"Good morning students." Professor Slughorn greeted in a gloomy voice.

"Good morning professor." The students greeted in unison.

"Miss Parkinson?" Frowned Professor Slughorn,"how are you back in the middle of a year?"

"I was sick." Stella shrugged,"Now I am fine so I'm back."

"That's not how the school works Miss Parkinson." Slughorn said in a stern voice,"I would like you to take a written permission from Headmaster Snape and then you're free to attend my class."

Sighing, Stella retreated out of the Hall, straight to the Headmaster's office. Knocking on the door, Stella waited until it was opened.

"Stella?" Snape frowned when he saw the girl stepping inside.

"Yes." Stella mentally rolled her eyes.

"How are you here?"

"You know who sent me back but that's not your concern. I just want a written permission to attend all the classes."

Without any further interrogation, Snape handed her a permission. He knew what Stella had done to save Harry. He knew that she was Harry's helping hand she'll do everything to save him.