- twenty four -

xxiv. SNEAKING AROUND 

Stella nearly choked on her pumpkin juice when Blaise informed her that Ron has been hospitalized

Blaise had heard Seamus and Dean discussing over the matter and he thought it would be good to inform Stella as she was one of Ron's friend.

"Seriously?" Stella asked, wiping the juice which had now trickled down her mouth. Blaise nodded, sitting besides Daphne.

"I'm goi-"

"I get it ella." Daphne smiled,"Go on."

"You're the best." Stella grinned, quickly making her way to the infirmary.

Ron was lying on the hospital bed with his chest heaving up and down.

"What happened to him?" Stella gasped, standing besides Harry who was surprised to see Stella.

Ginny wasn't impressed to see the slytherin standing so close to her crush.

Just then, the door opened and in came Dumbledore, Slughorn, McGonagall and Snape.

"Quick thing on your part, Harry."Professor Dumbledore complimented,"Using a bezoar. You must be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Hm? Oh yes very proud." Slughorn agreed.

"I think we all agree that Mr. Potter's actions were heroic." McGonagall said,"The question is why was that necessary?"

Dumbledore moved to Slughorn and held out the half empty bottle which was being held by Slughorn.

"This appears to be a gift, Horace."Dumbledore observed,"You don't by chance remember who gave you this bottle, do you? By the way possesses remarkably subtle hints of liquorice and cherry when not polluted with poison."

Dumbledore then handed the bottle to Snape. "Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift myself." Slughorn corrected.

"To whom i might ask?" Dumbledore asked.

"You, Headmaster."Professor Slughorn answered while Stella looked down at her feet.

Just then the doors creaked open and in came Lavender.

"Where is he?!"She squeaked, running inside,"Where is my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?"

Stella threw a disgusted look towards Lavender while Lavender stopped beside the bed and saw Hermione,"What's she doing here?"

"I might ask yourself the same question."Hermione frowned, standing up.

"I happen to be her girlfriend."Lavender replied harshly.

"I happen to be his.."Hermione trailed off,"friend.."

"Don't make me laugh."Lavender said,"You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting."