- twenty one -

xxi. STELLA EVELYN RIDDLE 

Stella's body trembled like a leaf, her blood running cold

Stella's body trembled like a leaf, her blood running cold. A huge lump formed in her throat as she just stared at the man who she had been calling father since last sixteen years. She wanted it to just be a nightmare and when she waked up in the morning, she could be with her family.

"I'm sorry." Her father whimpered,"I'm so sorry." Wiping his tears, he ran downstairs and completely broke down in tears for lying to the poor girl since sixteen years.

"Stella Evelyn." Voldemort's cold voice rang through the room where Stella was standing sending a shiver running down her spine.

"That's not my name." Stella pushed the words out, mustering up some courage.

"It is." Bellatrix gritted,"You're Stella Evelyn Riddle."

"No!" Stella screamed, the fear she experienced moments ago now drowned in her ocean blue eyes and were now replaced with a wave of anger and fury,"I'm Stella Parkinson."

"You don't talk to the dark Lord like that!" Bellatrix screeched, throwing a glare at the vulnerable girl who was trying to collect her broken parts.

"Bellatrix." Voldemort calmly spoke,"Let me talk."

Bellatrix bowed in agreement as Voldemort took small steps towards his daughter, his black cloak flowing behind him.

"Let me tell you a story Stella." Voldemort smiled with a tint of pride in his eyes,"Story about this little girl who was believed to defeat her own father and join the boy who lived, Mr. Harry Potter. Guess who it is?"

"W-Who?" Stella gulped, staring at the man who claimed to be his father in disbelief.

"You." Voldemort pointed his wand at her,"Stella Evelyn Riddle. Your mother was a great witch, very powerful indeed but one day, under the influence of alcohol she committed the biggest mistake of her life."

"W-What d-do y-you mean?" Stella croaked out, the tears again clogging her eyes as she could feel her body shaking.

"We were both under the influence of alcohol, enjoying the party I threw in the victory I was going to achieve but the next day, she found out that she was pregnant with you."
"At that instant, I knew that you're going to be a powerful witch. You have this magic in your blood that could make a sick and weak wizard into strong and powerful."

"W-Where is she?"

"Your mother?" Voldemort laughed, startling Stella who looked almost dead,"I lied to her saying that I accept you. She took care of you but when I asked her to give our daughter a place in my army, she denied. She begged for me to leave you alone for you were just an infant."

"And one day, she ran away with you. She did join me in the quest of being the powerful wizard but she didn't want her poor daughter to take my side." Voldemort went on,"When I found out where she was, She threatened that she would kill herself and you. I did let her complete her wish, I killed her."