- thirty five -

xxxv. TRAITOR

Voldemort threw daggers at the girl standing in front of him with a scared expression on her face

Voldemort threw daggers at the girl standing in front of him with a scared expression on her face. Stella could feel her voice getting stuck inside her throat.

Voldemort turned around and entered the drawing room then ordered Stella to follow him.

"Who do you think you are?" Voldemort growled as everybody outside flinched at how cold the voice was,"What do you think you're doing?"

"I.. I.. just w-wanted s-some fresh air." Stella gulped, her hands shaking in fear.

"And why is that?"

"Because... the.. p-pigeon...it a-affected..." Stella trailed off, her voice shaking with fear.

"Just a stupid bird affected you?" Voldemort glared, taking a step towards Stella,"You're going to be the next most powerful witch of the whole world and a pigeon affected you?"

Stella reluctantly nodded.

"And where did you go?" The question threw Stella off guard as she dared not look at Voldemort.

She could feel a sweat bead flowing down her neck causing the goosebumps to appear.

"Answer me!" Voldemort yelled.

"Somewhere." Stella quietly muttered but Voldemort wasn't satisfied with the answer.

Stella lifted her head up and looked up at Voldemort when suddenly a sharp pain invaded her mind. She could feel her surroundings changing and that's when she realised that Voldemort was using Legilimency on her.

But Stella had learnt how to block it and she was quiet thankful to Voldemort for teaching her everything through Michael. Stella pushed away all sort of emotions and feelings and emptied her mind just like Michael had taught her.

"You dare use it against me?" Voldemort screamed, pushing Stella in the wall as his cold hand wrapped around Stella's neck.

Stella could feel tears stinging her eyes but she held them back and tried to breathe.

"It's.. h-hurting." Stella cried, trying to push him away but he was stronger.

"That's what you get." Gritted Voldemort not even showing a single flicker of mercy towards her own daughter.

But Stella knew it since the day she found out that she was his daughter. The way he looked at her that day was like a hungry tiger looking at the weak deer, ready to sprang on the prey. She was his prey. He was just using her for her powers.

"Tell me." Voldemort glared, his grip on Stella's neck becoming tighter.

Stella tried speaking but she couldn't as she was constantly gasping for air. When Voldemort noticed that Stella was struggling vulnerable, he let go of her neck but his gaze never left her.