- thirty six -

xxxvi. SAVE YOURSELF

Days were like the pages being flipped one by one and the story continued with no twist or drama

That's how Stella's life was going on. She cut off everything from the ongoing world because she was in great mental trauma.

Her inner conscience was screaming at her to fight and make her way out of the mess but her body straightforward said no.

Everytime her gaze falls on TRAITOR the pain she felt earlier comes back and torchers her until she begs it to leave.

She was loosing weight causing her to grew skinny more than she was before. The spark inside her had died down a long time ago and now it was as dark as misery's woeful night. Her skin was as white as sheet.

She was just falling into the deep hole of helplessness. She wanted to give up but couldn't. A knock on the door caused her to flinch in horror as her breath caught in her throat.

"W-Who i.. is it?" Stella croaked out, clutching the bed sheet under her.

"It's me dear." Came Narcissa's reply. Stella breathed in relief and scampered to the door. Narcissa smiled sadly at the girl's condition.

"Breakfast." Narcissa spoke, handing her the plate full of food. Narcissa and Michael were the only one who actually cared about the girl.

"Thank you." Stella forced a smile, walking back to her bed while Narcissa followed her.

Narcissa sat on the bed and patted Stella's back in a loving was while Stella's heart felt satisfied with the motherly touch.

"C-Can you tell me something about my mother?" Stella reluctantly asked, keeping her plate of food aside.

Narcissa smiled sadly at her before starting,"Your mother was like en elder sister to me. She was a very very talented witch, always stood first in everything. She was just like you, she loved everybody and never judged them. She named youafter herself in the hope that you'll turn out to be like her and look you did."

"Maybe." Stella smiled as Narcissa handed her the plate of food.

"If you need anything just let me know." Narcissa assured to which Stella nodded.

Minutes passed by but Stella still didn't complete the breakfast. She kept the plate aside and laid down on the bed.

As sleep was about to take over her, another knock reached Stella's ears. She got up, feeling that fear returning back to her mind.

"Who is it?" Stella asked, mustering up some courage.

"Mister Malfoy is here to see you." Draco joked, stifling back his laugh. The very first thing he did after returning back for Christmas was meeting Stella.

"Draco?" Stella asked, taking a step towards the door.

"Yes it's me." Draco groaned for taking her so long to open the door,"Now open the door!"

"Its open."

Draco twisted the knob with a huge smile on his face but it soon faltered when he saw Stella. His jaw dropped on the floor on looking at Stella's vulnerable condition.

"Ella." Draco gasped, standing in front of her,"What the hell happened to you?"

Tears formed in Stella's eyes as she mentally cursed herself for being so weak and vulnerable. She hated herself.

"Tell me!" Draco shrieked, growing impatient.

"I... I.. He.." Stella struggled to speak, her breathing getting heavy and unstable.

"Calm down." Draco said, pulling her in a hug,"Take a deep breath."

Stella did what he said and with great difficulty, told him everything which happened that ungrateful day.

He took her hand in his and examined the scars which looked like a wolf had attacked her. It was a bloody sickening sight.

"I'm so sorry." Draco apologised, feeling bad for leaving her friend all alone at a place where he knew she wasn't safe,"I should have stayed back. I'm such a selfish boy. Its all my fault."

"Its not your fault." Stella sighed,"It's all my fault. I'm letting every little thing affect me. I have never been this vulnerable. I wasn't like this..."

"Right." Draco nodded,"It's your fault."

Stella gave him a 'are you serious' look.

"Come on, sit." Draco lead her to the bed and sat in front of her,"Now listen to me. You need to stop saving Potter and getting yourself in danger."

Stella opened her mouth to protest but Draco gestured her to keep quiet.

"Potter can save himself. You need to save yourself."

"But-"

"In the end, you've got to be your own hero because everybody's busy trying to themselves." Draco tried to explain,"Look at you ella. When was the last time you were genuinely happy?"

"I don't know." Stella murmured.

"You are changing Ella." Draco sighed,"You were never like this. Stop thinking about Potter all the time. You've got your life to save."

"I get it" Stella reluctantly nodded before forcing a smile,"Anyways how are things at Hogwarts?"

"Mess." Draco answered,"It just doesn't feels the same."

"Oh." Stella frowned,"How are Pansy and Daphne?"

"Daphne found about you being his daughter." Draco gulped as Stella's eyes widened in shock,"She seems lost at times. She's taking it hard upon herself."

"Its all because of me." Stella wiped a tear while accusing herself,"I messed up everything."

"Shut up Ella." Draco scowled,"None of this is your fault. It feels like the universe has planed all this."

"I don't know what to do." Stella whimpered,"I don't know...."

"It'll be alright." Draco assured, doubting his own words,"There must be a way."