Chapter 44

6 Months Later

Tonight is the father daughter dance for Trinity. I have been really excited about it because I really need to spend a night with my daughter.

Ever since Tyler and Tabitha our father/daughter realtionship is different. 

Tris is going to take her shopping, even though she hates it, and Christina is going to take me shopping with the guys because, apparently guys have no style. 

Anyways it is going to be a terrible day until tonight of course for the dance. 

Right now I am waiting for Christina and all of the boys. You would think that Tris and I would be getting married again. It is so weird.

I hear a knock and sigh. I get up and open the door and Christina squeals. 

"TIME TO GO SHOPPING!!" she squeals and all of the boys look terrified. 

Oh my God. This is going to be a terrifiying experience. 

She drags us off and we all follow her because we are scared of what she will do if we don't. 

When we get to the mall we follow her to a store called Precious Times. 

It is where we got the dresses and tuxes for our wedding. 

We go to the men section and get the tux for me. It is black with a turqouise shirt, with a brown tie. 

Turqouise is Trinity's favorite color.

When we are walking back to the car we walk past a furniture store and Christina freaks out. She drags us there, ignoring our protests.

We shopped forever her looking for furniture and all of us being bored like crazy. 

When we finally leave we practically sprint out of the mall and into the car. 

Never am I going shopping with her again. No wonder Tris hates it. But I don't get how all of our kids love shopping with her. 

We get back to the compound with about and hour left before the dance. 

I go up to the apartment and get in the shower. 

After the shower I shave and then brush my teeth. 

Then I put on my suit and shoes. 

When I am done there is about 10 minutes until the dance starts and I walk into the living room. 

I know that Tris will want to take pictures. 

So I sit on the couch until Trinity comes down. She is beautiful. I can't believe that she is my daughter. She gets her beauty from her mom. 

She is wearing a turqouise and brown chevron dress that ends just above her knees and she is wearing brown high heels so she is my height. 

Her hair is curled so that it bounces when she walks and she has makeup on.

"Okay gather around so that I can take a picture." Tris says and we laugh.  

She stands by me and I smile and so does she. 

We leave and drive to school. 

"Daddy?" 

"Hmm?" 

"I'm sorry." 

"For what?" 

"You have been looking forward to this because I have been a terrible daughter who went and got pregnant and then have been way to emotional lately." 

"Baby girl you have been a wonderful daughter even if you have been emotional and got pregnant. You are still my daughter and I still love you." 

She smiles and goes back to looking out of the window. 

We pull up to the school and we walk in. 

All of the girls have their daddy's with them. 

We go to the picture place and I put my arm around her and she smiles and so do I. 

After that we go dance. 

For the entire dance we laughed and danced and it was a wonderful night with my daughter. 

When we go back to the house I have a huge smile on my face. 

This was a wonderful night.

+++

Sorry for the short chapter. 

Let me know what you think. 

Comment and Vote

~Kelsi