Eight

Nathan's grin was as wide as the cat that ate all the cream as he surveyed her chest heave and fall, catching her breath

Nathan's grin was as wide as the cat that ate all the cream as he surveyed her chest heave and fall, catching her breath.  His Rayne-drop had totally come undone in the moment of her orgasm and given herself over to him completely.  He found it both humbling and sexy in equal measures.

Rayne shakily pulled her legs together.  The loss of control was slightly unnerving as she swallowed, her tongue flicking out to wet her dry lips. Rational thought still not permitting her eyelids felt heavy.

"Let me sweetheart." Nathan stepped towards her to help her down from the counter.  Almost stumbling—her leaks were weak.  "Wow, steady.  I've got you beautiful—I won't let you fall."

She almost sighed as his strong arms protectively wrapped around her.  Blinking a few times, she lingered in his hold, his arms now tightly banded around her, offering her quiet, warmth and safety.  But that was about to change.

Kissing the top of her head, her posture straightened in his arms.  Understanding their moment had passed.  Time was of the essence, acutely aware he needed to act promptly and firmly.  He could virtually hear the motions of her mind churning. Moving his arms higher, he tightened his hold. "Rayne.  I need you to listen to me.  You are not to worry.  You are to go upstairs sweetheart, undress, shower, and I will clean up down here. Do you understand?" 

Alarm bells rang in her head.  "I—I can't Nathan.  I need to finish the bread. And look at the mess!" The dread in her voice was telling.  The pulse in her throat throbbed and her heartbeat thumped against his arm.

"Hey, hey, hey.  Listen to me Rayne.  This is not a problem. I need you to do as I've asked."  He kissed the top of her head.

"—But!"

Resting his head on the top of hers. His tone was firm but kind. "—No buts, beautiful, this is not a request."  Surprisingly, her posture softened, and she offered no dispute.  He continued. "The bread has been kneaded enough.  I will settle it in the bread pan you have sat ready and place in the pantry to rise overnight.  Then I will fix up down here and when you're finished, we can eat that amazing dinner that teased my tastebuds when I arrived home.  Yes?"

His confident instruction silenced her impulses. She nodded, not wanting to upset him with her distress.  He was right.  She needed to relax.  Only moments ago, she'd let herself go.  Gone to a place where she'd never been before. Peace had been within her grasp, and Nathan was to thank for that.  He was, as always, her anchor. "Thank you, Nathan."

He kissed the top of her head once more.  "Good, I can't tell you how happy you make me Rayne."

His words burrowed deep into her soul and her heart swelled beyond her chest cavity. "I love you, Nathan."

"I love you more, Rayne. More than I think you realise, sweetheart."

~ ~ ~