Fourteen

Jaxon inhaled the fresh ocean air

Jaxon inhaled the fresh ocean air. He truly loved to sail. The deck was his land and the sky above his ever-changing form of art. He has lost many hours sailing. But today, as the sun beat down and the gentle breeze cooled his skin, it wasn't the boat he manned that held his attention or soothed his thoughts. It was the small woman currently walking towards him, with a drink in her hand offering his parched throat a reprieve.

"Thanks." He took the glass and drank heartily.

They had been out on the water for over an hour but remained relatively close to the harbour. Not wanting to sail too far out to sea under the warning of weather changes scheduled for the afternoon.

Rayne looked up into the sky. "It's so beautiful."

"It is." but Jaxson heeded no attention to what the skies offered. 

Rayne sighed as her gaze pulled from the view towards Jaxon. "Thank you for letting me join you, Jaxon. It's so relaxing, peaceful. I can almost forget myself."

He adored the way she spoke his name, his full name. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be," he answered honestly.

The way he looked at her quickened her heartbeat, lighting a pit of fire inside her gut. She wondered if there was anyone special in his life but feared to ask. It was after all none of her business. 

Blinking the thought away, she returned her attention to the boat. "Is there anything else you would like to show me today?  I've learned how to raise the sails, the difference between front and back, sorry—bow and stern.  Oh, and how to avoid sea-sickness." Grinning at the last reference. Truthfully, Jaxon had given her a pill prior to their arrival.

"No, I think we can safely say your first lesson is complete." He grinned back. "You should relax, sunbathe." As soon as the words left his mouth, blood ran south.  For her to sunbathe would require her to remove clothing, revealing more of her smooth skin for his eyes to feast upon.  He swallowed slowly.

"That would be wonderful.  I'll get the towels from beneath the deck."  She looked over the boat for a suitable spot.  "Will there be okay?" She pointed to space on the front deck.

"Yes, anywhere will be fine." He released his held breath.  If she was at the front, then he could admire from afar without her noticing him staring. That was surely a sound plan... until.

"Will you join me—relax with me? You said you had nothing more to do whilst we're anchored here."

Damn, he had no reason not to, they had anchored, therefore nothing to keep him from relaxing.  "Sounds great." His voice tight, as the man downstairs twitched, requiring adjusting for the umpteenth time today.   Keep your hands to yourself.  She belongs to Nate and only Nate.

Barely enough time for him to calm his improper thoughts, Rayne appeared before him.  He swallowed as his eyes travelled the vision in a dusky pink bikini. If he thought he could hide his erection now—well, he was sadly mistaken. Innocently standing before him, he devoured her creamy skin. Breasts barely covered, hidden under the thinnest of material which only aided to draw his attention to her erect nipples.   How much torture could one man endure