Seven

Rayne glanced at the time before returning to kneading the bread

Rayne glanced at the time before returning to kneading the bread. It would need to be left to rise overnight, ready for baking when she rose in the morning. Humming, she sprinkled more flour on her bread dough. Fluttering sensations spread through her chest and tummy as her thoughts drifted to their weekend events and how different Nathan had been with her. Rough... but not too rough. A definite change had occurred—and one for the better, she was sure. No longer was she his china-doll.

Rayne's mind snapped back to the present. Inhaling happily, wishing the minutes away, she hoped it would please him to see his request carried out when he returned home. An image she wasn't expecting suddenly engulfed her mind. One of her on her knees, taking Nathan's hard cock in her mouth. Eliciting a shiver,  she pondered if he would like that, having only done it once before and wasn't entirely sure she did it correctly. Would he want her to try? Or would he think she was dirty—a whore?  She was so distracted she never heard the whirling sound of the electric garage door.

Nathan pulled into their driveway, following his short drive from their closest helipad. He had telephoned Rayne and forewarned of his earlier arrival. Leaving earlier reduced the risk of running into his brother and endure another prickly Nicole conversation. Positive Jax would not give up the idea easily of them all being together. His brother was persistent, if nothing else.

Pressing the button on their electric garage. A smile tugged at the corner of his mouth—Leaving earlier to avoid Jaxon wasn't his only reason; throughout the day he had been distracted many times by proliferating thoughts of Rayne and their self-discovering sexual journey. He was also keen to know if Macy's visit had been a success and his request rewarded.

Opening the front door, throwing his keys into the bowl on the accent table by the door. He loosened and removed his tie before shrugging his suit jacket off and unbuttoning his shirt collar. The smell of a home cooked lasagne wafted through the foyer and the dulcet tones of Michael Bublé played low in the background, welcoming him home.

Kitchen?

He was earlier than expected. Which was probably the reason she wasn't at the door to greet him. Although reminiscent of a by-gone era. He secretly loved that she would greet him at the door when he returned from work. Rising on her tiptoes to kiss and hug him. And he adored to see her entire face light up as if his arrival was a gift. He would never grow weary of his little Rayne-drop and if fate permitted him to bask in its sunshine—she would never tire of him.

Walking into the kitchen, she was quite obviously distracted. Humming along to the music whilst kneading bread. He had missed her today and the urge to touch her, hold her, was undeniable. Creeping up behind her, he wrapped his arms around her small waist hugging her from behind allowing his nose to push through her hair and kiss her head. "I've missed you beautiful."

Rayne's cheeks heated—caught by surprise. His closeness mixed with the fantasy from moments ago triggered her nipples to harden and her thighs to clench. Swiftly followed by a stab of failure clutching her chest. She internally cursed, having not heard him arrive and been at the door to welcome him home.