Twenty-Seven

Nathan stepped from his Club into the crisp night air

Nathan stepped from his Club into the crisp night air. Eyeing his driver waiting with his door open, he looked back and tipped his chin up at the two doormen. Next time he returned, he hoped Rayne and Jaxon would be with him. Tonight's outing had been a spur-of-the-moment idea as Rawlings was eager to visit, having not been for well over twelve months.

And he would hardly refuse as earlier Rawlings had agreed to all of Knight's terms under their new business agreement therefore felt an obligation to indulge his guests' darker nature. They'd barely been inside fifteen minutes before Rawlings found a pretty young sub eager to play curtesy of Josephine.

As they drove away, he reflected on the day. Perhaps it had been a blessing in disguise that Rayne had met Josephine—forcing the issue front and centre. He would know one way or the other if this was something she could accept in him. 

Pulling out his phone, Jaxon had sent a message:

* Rayne happy.  Off to bed.  See you in the am. *

Nathan smiled, relieved the drama of the day was well and truly behind them, although tension weighed heavy with regard the conversation drawing nearer.

Half an hour later and kicking on for midnight, he stepped into their apartment where silence greeted him. Dropping his keys in the bowl, he headed into the main living area.

Loosening his tie but still not tired, he saw no point in going to bed. Although he could happily watch Rayne sleep as it brought a peace to him he could never quite fathom. 

Perhaps a nightcap may further relax his underlying tension. About to pour himself a whisky, a noise drew his attention.  Putting down the glass tumbler, he walked through to the kitchen to find Rayne rearranging the cupboards.

"Sweetheart?"  She hadn't heard him. But with her hair swept up, he could see she was listening to music.

His lips kicked up into a smirk. There she stood oblivious in one of his shirts, as she raised to her tiptoes to retrieve a glass, he watched his shirt ride up allowing him a glimpse of her sexy heart shaped ass. His cock jumped to attention as he gave her legs a lingering look over.

Stepping up behind her, he curved his hands around her waist to feel her tense as she squeaked and pulled out her headphones. "Nathan." She breathed out, placing her hand over her chest. "You frightened the life out of me."

He rubbed his nose along her neck, up towards her ear, nipping lightly.  Whispering. "Apologies my sexy girl, but seeing you stood here in my one my shirts I could not resist. Do you feel what you do to me?"

She could feel him nice and hard between her ass cheeks as she relaxed into his hold.

"Why are you awake at this hour sweetheart?"

"I have slept, but when I awoke and you still hadn't returned, I couldn't get back to sleep.  I missed you."

He flipped her around and pulled her for a kiss. "I missed you too Rayne-drop." Her warm lips parted and kissed him with the same enthusiasm.