Marking

"Let me down! Let me down I say!!" Ella flailed around as she kept hitting Jem's broad back while she rode his shoulders.

"Won't you stop doing that? No matter how many times you tell me that, I'll just always answer you NO!" Jem stubbornly retorted back.

"Let me go! You will pay for abducting me!!" Ella retaliated with the same stubborness as Jem.

"What?! I am not abducting you! I'm taking you home!!" Jem spat

"This is no longer my home!" Ella answered back.

Jem kicked the door to their room open and set Ella down on the bed. Ella was about to run for the door when she saw Jem's glowing golden eyes and she paused.

"THIS.IS.YOUR.HOME." he said rather deadly calm.

Ella froze on her place and felt the chills from the person everyone on the pack used to call a cold blooded demon. She had never heard, felt nor seen Jem as cold as that that it caught her off guard.

Jem spun on his heel as he clicked his tongue in irritation and walked out of the room, slamming the door shut.

Alex, Rin, Len, Zyll, Levi and Jenny just stood on the parlour and listened to their loud bickering. Levi and Jenny's faces fell because Jem returned to how he was before and the smile on Rin's face vanished when she slowly and lightly heard Ella's sobs.

Zyll growled and was about to go upstairs and give Jem a piece of his mind but Alex stopped him.

"Don't. You'll only worsen things." Alex whispered and he, too, silently listened to Ella's sobs.

Jem stomped down and holed up on his office, once again slamming the door as loud as he could to dull out the sobs ringing in his ears. But try as he may, when the door was shut, Ella's sobs loudly echoed in his head and the thought that he caused those tears stabbed him over and over again.

Just what did that fucking Elzer do to her? Why is she acting like this?

Jem thought as he gritted his teeth and slumped on his swivel chair. He pressed his temples to somehow halt the growing headache he was having.

"Aah. I wanna kill someone." Jem whispered to himself.

"She's gonna hate you more." He heard someone said and looked up to see Levi, wearing an unsure smirk, with a surprised expression. "You're so bothered by it you didn't notice me, huh?

"Of course I am bothered. The least that I want to do to her was to make her cry and now I went and made her. I wanna die." Jem murmured.

"You could always just go up there and comfort her instead, right? Don't let the night pass without you two patching things up." Levi said and went back out again, leaving Jem to the silence of his office with the only sound was Ella's sobs.

Jem couldn't take it anymore and he bolted upstairs. The others saw him walk briskly towards the stairs till he practically took three steps at a time to reach her faster. A smile appeared on each of their faces before they all went to their own businesses, knowing if it's them, they'd be able to patch things up.

Jem opened the door and Ella jolted before she looked towards Jem's way. Jem averted his eyes and looked down. He was definitely angry at himself for causing his mate to cry.

"I'm sorry." He told her. He did not bother to soften his voice or whisper the words because he did not care about his pride as an Alpha. He'd rather it be tarnished than to lose the love of his life.

Ella remained silent and turned her back at Jem. She steeled herself not to yield in to the sweet temptation of forgiving and returning to Jem. She did not want to be hurt again. She's afraid she'll have to suffer through those again if she ever let Jem back into her life again.