Pursuit

Jem's P.O.V

Shit! Damn it! I can't trace her scent anymore!

I cursed mentally and just kept on running aimlessly, hoping that somehow at some point I would pick up her scent again.

It was quite sometime too that someone's been continuously trying to tap in my link which I purposely reject again and again; putting up my block. I don't trust myself to be rational and civilize at my state of condition. Till I find Ella, I don't plan on talking to anyone in my pack.

I had breached the borders of another pack as someone came to subdue me. I was not a rogue and I understood their reactions to me trespassing their borders. It's just that I really wasn't in the mood of talking and asking permission which is effectively wasting my time.

I growled loud and strong at them that even though I wasn't their alpha, they immediately submitted to my wolf. I passed by them and continued on straight.

What if Ella just wandered off again? What if she'll be back to the house soon and will be smiling again as she hands us our meals?

(The heck with 'wandered off'? She was kidnapped stink-brain! Our mate was abducted!)

My wolf argued with me angrily. He had every right though. After all, Ella was our mate and I was just as angry as he was feeling. I really just have the tendency to try and comfort myself in dire times.

I was too preoccupied with trying to find my mate's scent that I didn't register another who was gaining in on me till I was tackled to the ground as it caught me off guard. I growled and peeled my lips up, baring my canines as I pushed him off me and I got up to my four paws again. I snarled deadly and if he didn't cower back in fear and submission and shifted back to his human form, I would've ripped his throat out and leave his cold dead body there.

"Whoa! I didn't mean to! I was just trying to stop you for awhile." Levi defended as he raised both of his hands up in a surrendering manner. I opened my link and tapped into his mind. As I said, I didn't trust myself to be sane this moment. I might do something crazy.

*What do you want?* I bit out harshly.

"I just want you to calm down and use your head. Right now, I know finding her is your priority, so think straight and let's find her." He reasoned.

*I can find her just fine.* I answered. My pride stopping me from asking for anyone's help.

"Hell shit! You say just fine but you are as clueless as both of me and Jenny and twice as worried about her than us."

*A hundred times.* I corrected him.

"Okay, A hundred times. So use that unbeatable brain of yours to find her." Levi finished with a smirk.

I didn't respond nor moved. It was like I just froze as I thought about it. He did have a point. Running and searching for her aimlessly is useless if I can't track her scent. Right now, finding clues that could help me track her down is the best option. Even if I have to mobilize my whole pack members just to find her, I would.

I nodded my big wolf head once and trotted back to the way I've passed. Levi shifted back to his wolf and followed after me. I passed the borders of the other packs again both large and small packs alike and this time, the wolves did not bother to stop me and just lowered their heads in respect.

We arrived back to our pack lands and found my third enforcer, two pack fighters and my sister waiting for us on the borders I just disappeared to.

*Bro! Ella? Where is she? Did you find her?* Her panicked voice instantly infiltrated my mind. I was so out of it that I didn't notice I didn't place my block back up again and heard her gasp as she viewed and felt what I just did minutes and hours ago.