Three Years

I always dreamed of having someone who'd love me truthfully and honestly, but never did I thought that an extra-ordinary one would come along and change my life drastically. He who loves me more than anything in this whole damned universe, and he who protected me from the shadows for a long time.

..

.

The bird's morning song flitted in my room as the sun's gleam streamed in from the windows. I pushed myself up and stretched my elbows.

"It's morning already huh?" I monologue and pushed the covers off my body. I stalked to my big walk-in wardrobe and fished out a white simple dress that flows all the way down to my knees and a black cardigan. I went in my bathroom and stripped off my night gown and stepped in the shower. After a few moments I went down the staircase with my hair tied in a side ponytail. I caught a whiff of pancakes and orange juice and followed it all the way to the kitchen. Mother has just finished cooking my breakfast and has now laid it on top of the white marble counter. I smiled at her as she met my eyes and smiled.

"Breakfast is ready." she said in a gentle and lively tone.

"Yeah, I know. The delicious scent instantly filled my nostrils." I say back and pulled a chair from the table to sit.

"Oh, of course it must be delicious, after all, it's for my beautiful daughter." she said with a smile and handed me my breakfast.

"No need to lie, Mom. I know I am not that beautiful." I said and digged in my breakfast. She paused and turned to me.

"Never look down on your self again, young lady. You ARE beautiful, everybody sees that." she insisted. I just nodded to stop that discussion that will get us no where. I mean, I may be beautiful but as how I view myself? I am just average, I say. Look at me! I dress plainly, I am not sexy at all, I'm even afraid to expose my curves! I am nothing but a plain and old-fashioned girl. There's no man that would even take a second glance at me.

"By the way, where are you going today? You dressed up." She snapped me out. I turned to her as I plopped my last slice of pancake.

"Nothing special. Just to my favorite spots, I guess?" I answered.

"You know, you could at least tell me these 'favourite spots' of yours, so when something happens I'd know where to find you." She said, exasperated.

"But you know, it won't be my SECRET hideout anymore if you knew, right?" I said with a wink and drank my juice before handling her the plates.

"Thanks for the breakfast! I'll be off then!" I exclaimed and rushed out to the door, taking my hat along with me. I walked down the familiar path that usually takes me there. I watched the trees sway with the wind and listened to the nature's sweet music. I have always loved nature so much. Ever since I was a kid, I would usually spend my day in a forest and do some exploring, or in a flower bed and make flower wreathes. I arrived at the spot I'd usually stop by first- the creek. The sound of the rushing water instantly sent a wave of peace through my system. I closed my eyes and focused on my hearing. The air blowing, the swaying trees, the animal calls, and the bird's songs, truly a magnificent music to listen to. Moments later, while listening in to the sound of nature, a rustle of dried leaves on the ground mixed in. I instantly opened my eyes to find a familiar pair of blue orbs staring into my chocolate ones. A smile found it's way on my face, as the large sized wolf came into full view. It had it's usual sandy fur and white paws, except that it had grown so large for the three years he suddenly disappeared.

"You're back!" I exclaimed as I stood up. It leapt across the creek and to my side like it was nothing and started purring and rubbing his body around me.