Trust

"Oh dearest princess." Verdandi spoke and caressed Ella's face.

"Why did he do this to you?" Skuld softly said, sadness coating her words.

"You didn't deserve to be stuck in this state, princess." Urd added and turned to her sisters.

"But then helping her would break our pact never to meddle with them, right?" Skuld asked.

"Yes.. but wasn't Queen Frigg against the war from the very start?" Verdandi asked.

Urd and Skuld looked at each other before they turned to Verdandi's determined face while they looked doubtful.

"I don't know about this." Urd tried to say otherwise but paused as she watched her sisters mourn for the princess. She heaved a sigh and ran a hand through her long silver locks.

"Fuck the pact! Let's do this!" Urd, being the eldest of them three, cried loudly and stepped closer to Ella's unconscious body and extended her hand towards her smiling sisters. They nodded their heads and joined hands as they circled Ella.

*Léxeis kai ti̱ mageía pou syndéei af̱tó to parthenikó tou se éna vathý ýpno. Apelef̱theró̱ste ta desmá sou kai katára páno̱ ti̱s. Antallaktiká ti̱s apó af̱tí̱ ti̱n afóri̱ti̱ adiéxodo. Sí̱ko̱ apó ton vathý ýpno sas, O̱ prinkípissa ti̱s Aesirs.*

Translation: Words and magic that binds this maiden in a deep sleep. Release your shackles and curse upon her. Spare her from this unbearable impasse. Arise from your deep sleep, Oh princess of Aesirs.

After chanting their prayer, static engulfed the whole place as tremors soon shook the whole area. The three goddesses trembled a bit but stood their ground, tightening their hold.

They closed their eyes and poured all of their concentrated magic on breaking the spell casted on Ella, but as the seconds ticked by, they grew more weary as to why she wasn't waking up.

"Ella? Ella!" They heard a male voice as a heavy pounding on the door reverberated inside their dome-shaped hall.

"What?" Urd voiced and turned to the door beaten down by Jem's heavy fists as he relentlessly pounded away on the heavy door, desperate to get in- desperate to see his mate. "Skuld! I thought you casted a barrier?!"

"I did!" Skuld retorted and looked as panicked as Urd. It was beyond impossible to penetrate Skuld's barriers, especially when she's the Goddess of the Future.

"Then how did that wolf reach here much less enter the castle?" Urd asked before she turned to the doors.

"Oh no!" Verdandi cried and they all snapped their heads towards Ella's convulsing body. "We must stop!"

"We can't! She'll wake up for sure. Just a little more push!" Skuld insisted.

"We must Skuld! She won't make it like this!" Urd told her and broke their circuit, cancelling out their prayer.

"Why?! She was gonna wake up if you just gave it a little more time!" Skuld yelled.

"Skuld." Verdandi called.

"You little prick! She might have died if we didn't stop!!" Urd bombarded her the sad truth that even she knew.

Skuld stopped and Verdandi encased her in her arms. She sobbed as she failed to save Ella. Urd watched Skuld tear up. They had been friends when Ella was still Eir, when she still lived in Asgard. So Ella's sudden disappearance made her sad but when the familiars found her again, they had decided not interrupt and just watch over her.

Urd turned to the door when it burst open and in came a very mad and furious Jem.

"What did you say she might have died?" He roared and stomped his way towards the goddesses. "You swore you would save her!"