Invasion

Jem's P.O.V

We were having our meal when suddenly our warning siren blared, instantly telling me, someone has breached our borders without permission.

I immediately secured Ella upstairs so to keep her safe. My house was pretty much secluded inside a forest and it's not too eye-catching.

I placed her softly on the bed and held her hands and stared straight into her beautiful round orbs. I told her vaguely that I want her safe in my room because even I don't know what trespassed on our borders and if it's anything threatening, I might be forced to fight. I don't want her to see any of it, especially when I shift.

"I need you to stay here till I come back for you." I told her seriously and I felt her hands tremble and got cold. I don't know why but I could feel her fear coming off of her.

I didn't react to it though, as much as possible, I don't want her to get scared and so I reassured her many times.

Just as I was about to leave, Levi, who had gone first before me updated me thru the mind-link.

*Jem! It's a couple of rogues. I know you don't want Ella to witness this so I think you need to come here. We're at the south border and they're putting up a fight.*

*Okay. I'll be there.*

After I responded to Levi, the fragile and slender porcelain arms of my mate that were wrapped tightly against my torso registered on my mind and I froze.

"No.. Jem, please don't leave!" she exclaimed.

I say all I wanted that time was to return the hug she willingly gave me but I knew if I did that, then I wouldn't be able to let her go. Right now, her and the pack's safety comes first.

I assured her everything would be fine and after a brief silence, she finally conceded to let me leave as she lightly hit my back and told me to hold on to my promise to which I would abide willingly. If there was one place I could return to, it would be in my mate's arms and no wolf nor war would stop me from doing so.

I left her in my room and tapped in Jenny's mind while I shifted to my sandy wolf in the back door and dashed towards the south border.

*Jen, could you go upstairs and keep Ella company? Please?*

I told her. I didn't have to wait too long as her response immediately came. It was no surprise though, it was drilled to us ever since we were young, that whatever the danger may be, be it light or a false alarm, everyone is to always open their links for easy access for the alpha to give out orders.

*Roger that, Bro.*

*Thanks, Sis.*

I answered before I sped up to end things quicker. The run to the border was about 5 minutes or so if I ran at full speed but that's because I had an alpha's power. If it were a normal wolf then I guess it'd take them 8 minutes or so.

I reached the group of wolves, I recognize that belongs to my pack, rounding a group of four chocolate furred wolves. The subdued wolves were baring their fangs but didn't take a move.

Anyone would be wise enough to not try and take on six wolves with a beta if they didn't want their air passage ripped from their throats.

Their snarls and low growls told me they really weren't gonna back down sooner. So I let out a ferocious growl that easily filled the forest and they all snapped their heads towards me and offered their neck as a sign of submission.

For a group of rogues they sure still acknowledge someone of higher rank huh?

I thought and hopped down from an elevated land down to them. I faced the still low heads of the rogues and shifted back to my human form.