Don't Make It Harder

King Asios POVI've sat up and thought about what happened at the party

King Asios POV
I've sat up and thought about what happened at the party. It honestly still hurts me that Malik would take it that far. I mean how can you be so vengeful. I thought he so called loved me but he didn't. Because if he did he would have never put his hands on me or called me out my name. Like I'm literally here sitting here in tears because I don't understand it. Like you did me wrong but you want to hurt me. How does that work? And to think I kinda felt bad for bringing Vonio and being with him. Like I feel like an idiot. And it keeps replaying in my head of how much of an idiot I was. Like I really gave this dude my heart. But I'm glad I had that experience because it showed me that I can love again. Having two dysfunctional relationship back to back is hell. But I'm glad that I am strong enough to be able to get though it.

I want to take thing slow with Vonio but that is not likely going to happen. To much has gone on and I honestly shouldn't be in a relationship right now. I was going to talk to Vonio about it tomorrow. I just need to think about me. And to heal and fully love myself. I'll have plenty of time to date and fall in love. Why date someone else only to dang them in on my pain.

It honestly would be unfair to Vonio. Because he seems like a great guy. And I know he genuinely likes me. I texted him to meet me at the park around the corner from my house. I had to get this done so I'm not leading him on. He let me know he will meet me there. I got up and put on my clothes and started my way to the park. I just stared at the sky as I'm walking to the park.

Replaying what I was going to say. I honestly don't want to do it. But I have to. I need to heal. And I wouldn't be able to in another relationship. My phone ring and it's Lucky. I instantly declined but he called again. So I declined again. That went on for about five more time and I end up answering on the sixth time he called.

He had this look on his face like he was irritated.

I said, " What do you want?"

Lucky smiled and he had those grills in his mouth looking all fine. I was about to fall for him but then I snapped out of it.

He said, " Why you being so hostile with me? Your dude was the one who messed up. I told him to chill and he didn't so that's on him. I told you I'm sorry and I should not have slept with him. I didn't want to loose your friendship. If I could take it back I would. Plus he all attached to me now and it's annoying."

I had to get off the phone one because I didn't really want to hear it. Two because Vonio was here.

I said, " Well I have to go I'm meeting someone and honestly can't have this conversation right now."

Lucky said, "Man alright, I was just wanting to let you know you need to watch out for Malik. He was talking real crazy last time I talked to him. He might now be in his right mind. And he may do something stupid. I just wanted to let you know because I couldn't see something happening to you and be okay with it. I love you and only you."

What the complete he double hockey sticks is going on. Did he just say he love me. What kind twisted mind game is he playing? I don't know what to say back. I was just looking stupid.

I said, " Bye Lucky."

He just laughed and waved bye into the phone. I seen Vonio stand with one hand behind his back. He had a Kool-aid smile on his face. Looking all fine and stuff. I was definitely getting weak in the knees. I finally reached him.

He said, " You look very beautiful right now."

I said, " We have to talk Vonio."

He said, " What did I do?"

I grabbed his hand and started walking on the trail. It was a beautiful day out to good of a day to do what I'm about to do.

I said, " You haven't done anything. It's honestly refreshing to have a guy like you in my life. But you came in at the wrong time. And it sucks because I really like you and want to be with you. But I have baggage that I haven't let go of. Not just in my relationship with Malik. The one before that. I can't have you giving your all and me being half way in. It is unfair to you. Especially because you are a wonderful guy. Who deserves the world."

A tear fell from my eye as I looked away from not able to finish my words. He wipes my eyes with his shirt.

He said, " I understand you need time to heal. I honestly wanted to suggest the same thing. We both came from similar situations and almost jumped into a relationship. Yeah we would've been great together. But we would've brung the damage from our past to this new relationship. And that would ruin a good thing. I think we would be better off being friends for now."

Tears still streaming down my eyes as he pulled my face up to look into his eyes. He lean forward and kissed my lips.

He said, " To being friends."

I chuckled and said, " You are an idiot. But an idiot that I love."

All I heard from out of nowhere was a someone yell my name. I look over and it was Malik. He didn't look like his self. Seem like he had a bad spirit on him. He pulled from out of his hip and I seen it was a gun. I couldn't react fast enough all I heard was the shot go off. Then another one went off. I just feel somebody pull me down. Shots just kept going off. I must have black out because I wasn't seeing any thing or able to hear. My body laid still as I was under Vonio.

I can't believe what happened. He really took it that far. He tried to kill me and he damn near did. My vision was blurry and I still couldn't hear. Everything around me was moving and I didn't know where I was or how I got here. I must be in the hospital.

I close my eyes again and try to focus. Maybe I can clear my vision. But when I opened them back up. It was still blurry.

I heard someone says, " Can you hear me?"

I try to respond but my voice was so dry and hoarse. I felt someone touch me and I jumped. I tried opening my eyes to see if the blurriness was gone but it wasn't. I heard my name being called and don't know if it was in my head or the person touching me. So I tried to focus my hearing.

It was my moms voice. She was crying and praying I tried to speak but it didn't work. So I try to find her and she instantly grabbed me and embraced me.

She said, " Thank god baby you scared the living life that brung you in this world out of me. I thought I lost my baby and that would've killed me. Don't ever scare me like that again."

I can feel her tears drop on my forehead as she rocked me. She didn't want to let me go and I honestly didn't want her to. There is a lot that went down and I can't understand any of it. Life has it's ways of revealing to you what pain is. And what I'm feeling now is the pain from a little boy who thought he can have his cake and eat it too.

I'm trying so hard to remember what happened exactly. I just remembered going to the park and then see Malik after that it's blurry. I just want things to be simple and safe. I don't want things to be harder for me.