Chapter 7

Chris had gotten over the the fence without getting shot, but had twisted his ankle from loosing his balance while climbing down it on the other side. He ran, ignoring the pain in his left foot as much as he could.
Why, why did I leave her behind. That was all he could think as he ran through the thickets in the wooded area. He felt fresh tears roll down his cheek, but he didn't slow down. He never once looked back, and hated himself for that.
But, even as he wiped the tears that fell for Luke and May, he couldn't help but smile.
He felt the cold wind hit his face, the sunshine gently touching his skin from behind the leaves, and the damp soil under his bare legs.
Chris had never felt like this before. It was like his heart was trying to break out of his chest.

~A Few Days Later~

(May's Point Of View)

Luke stood in front of me, a gentle smile playing at his lips.
"May" I heard him call out to me, but I didn't respond.
"May" he called again, this time I slowly looked up at him. The sight of him made my lips curl upwards.
"Luke" I whisper, I start walking towards him, but the further I walked, the more he seemed to disappear. Soon there was no sight of him. Tears flood from my eyes like angry rivers.

Suddenly I jolted back to reality. My skin felt like it was being stabbed by invisible blades. I could still hear his voice echoing in my head. I realized I wasn't in the girls block but in one of the metal rooms, my skin was a bright shade of red.
I felt myself being lifted up, and my hands being restrained. Black spots kept invading my vision, I felt like all the air had been sucked out of me. I let my eyes close themselves, and soon blacked out.

I woke up to the sound of chains, my legs were chained to the wall. My feet were swollen and bruised. Why did I try to escape, I asked myself. Right then, I heard Luke's voice saying "Isn't dying better than staying alive in here" I let out a chuckle, I guess you were wrong Luke.

Authors Note.
Sorry for the late chapter, I've been pretty sick so yea...
Read, Vote, and Comment!!