Chapter 4

Chapter 4. A Visitor.

(Third Point Of View)

The guards ran toward him. In the background, the doctors yelled angrily
"DON'T SHOOT HIM, WE STILL NEED HIM"
Panic filled the hallways of the labs. A young boy hid behind one of the heavy metal doors, he desperately covered his face with his hands, hoping no one could hear his staggering breaths.
He had finally found a way out of the block, but had no idea how he could out run the guards. The once pounding footsteps, now were just a few thumps here and there.

He jumped back onto his feet. He frantically started looking for a window, an unlocked door, a fire exit, anything would be helpful right now.
"No. No. No" he muttered under his breath. He knew he would be caught. The footsteps were becoming loud again. The boy wanted to curl up and cry, but he knew now was not the time. Adrenaline rushed through his body as he tried to find another hiding spot.

"what if we try to use the air vent" he heard a female voice say.
"we just need the keys" said a male voice.

They were trying to find a way to escape too. A smile formed on the boy's lips. He hid behind the clothe's bin and tried to listen in. Suddenly a set of footsteps found their way behind the boy's body.
"Found you" said a deep intimidating voice.
A chill ran down his spine, he felt the guard grab his shoulder.
He pulled out his walkie-talkie.
"I have located subject 202, I repeat, I have located subject 202"
Soon a group of guards and doctors were assembled in front of the O+ Girls' Block.
They handcuffed him and unlocked the door to the O+ Girls' Block.
"Make sure he doesn't escape again" said one of the doctors in an angry voice.

(Luke's Point Of View)

I heard them unlock the door, then locked it just as quickly. The guards had pushed a familiar silhouette inside. My eyes widened with disbelief.

"I thought they killed you" I said to my best friend, a tear slipping down my left eye.
He let out a pitiful chuckle.
"Long time no see" he replied.
I turned back to look at May, her eyes were intently looking at his unfamiliar face.
I turned to May.
"This is Chris, he's my best friend" I explained in a small voice.

We sat together in an uncomfortable silence, waiting for one of us to break it.
"We need to escape" Chris stated in a shaky voice "I almost did it, with the three of us together we can make it"
"We could start a fire, then escape during evacuation"
May nodded her head in agreement.

This was it, we were gonna try to get out of this hellish lab.
"Tomorrow" said Chris, May and I agreed.

We had it all planned out in our head. It's going to work, I kept telling myself. We were finally going to be free. I could imagine May running across wild grass on bare feet, laughing softy, looking at me with her angelic eyes. I realized what was happening and quickly broke through my thoughts. I can't be thinking about this right now, there is a good chance one of us will die tomorrow, and I need to make sure that it wouldn't be May.
I shut my eyes as hard as I could.
I could hear May twisting and turning on her mattress.
"I'm going to protect you" I whispered, even though I knew she couldn't hear me. "Even if it costs me my life and freedom"

Authors Note!
Please Vote, Comment, and Follow me if you want :3