Chapter 11

Chapter 11. A realization

(May's Point Of View)

The room echoed with pain-filled groans. It was like every muscle in my body had turned against me. I was still too weak to open my eyes, but I could feel the restraints holding my body. Every now and then, my arms twitched, making my bones wring with pain.
The fear and pain were getting to me, my uncertainty of the situation pushing me closer to madness.
"Anna" I gasped, my words choking in my sandpaper throat.
"May" I heard Anna croak, "what's happening"
"I wish I knew" I told her truthfully.

After a few moments, I was in full control of my body. A hazy figure holding a scalpel stood at my side. The figure, that now I knew was a male nurse, stepped closer to me. The cold touch of the small blade cutting my forearm, made me quiver. I felt a sizzling pain, a strange heat growing around the wound. The nurse's eyes bulged as he whispered the words "LR.X dose on Subject 108 was a success"
His voice sounded robotic. Soon the heat seemed to disappear. I strained my neck trying to see my wound, the weird thing was, there wasn't one. Did the LR.X do this? If it did, could this be the leverage I needed to escape? My mind spun with many thoughts, thoughts of Luke, thoughts of Chris, and thoughts of my family. Many of my memories were full of pain, yet some memories made me happy enough to cry.

I gripped the side of the bed I was restrained to. The lack of space I had to move, was making me agitated. For the first time in my life, I felt true anger. I screamed. I screamed at the top of my lungs, till I felt like my throat was bleeding. I started hearing the other subjects struggling against their restraints.
I felt a wave of satisfaction as the doctors panicked, trying to get a handle on the current situation. I wanted to feel that satisfaction again. I wanted to be free. I wanted to live out Luke's dream.

Authors Note
1010 READS!! Thank you for taking the time to read my book! I apologize for the short chapter, but I hope you liked it!