Chapter 12

(Chris' Point Of View)

"Are you sure this will work?" Keith whispered in my ear, his tone was stiff and dry like ice.
"Yes I'm sure" I spat. The plan was to get her to play dead, and then Keith can "dispose" of the body. Of course, I'm the one who came up with that plan. I couldn't wait to see May again. I wonder if she hates me now? I tried my best to shake that thought out of my head. I jumped to my feet, and paced around Keith's living
room.
Suddenly, I felt a firm grip stop me. My body immediately tensed at Keith's touch.
"We're going to get her out alive, I promise you. I won't leave her again". His stare was intense. I could barely stand it, but his determined look gave me courage, and that was all I needed.
I quickly averted my eyes to my feet, my thoughts being clouded by May's face. I felt my stomach flutter, an uneasy feeling, yet I didn't mind it. I was going to see May again, I thought, and smiled to myself.

(May's Point Of View)

We were back in our block. There was even less people than before. I hadn't seen them bring Anna back yet, I was starting to worry. I couldn't loose someone else, not now, not ever. I shiver raced down my body, I felt like this world was just going to keep playing with me till the day I break. Again, the heavy metal doors opened, bringing in more subjects. I instantly recognize Anna, a weight quickly left my heart. I showed her a genuine smile, but she didn't return it. I looked at her more carefully, her hands were bandaged, and filled with blood stains. The guard shoved her onto the cold ground. Her body winced in pain, but she still didn't respond.
"A-Anna?" I called to her. Eden and David crawling closer to her. David gently lifted her head, and placed it on his lap, gently stroking her hair. I tried getting closer to her, but my chained leg forbade me to do so.
"Anna! Talk to me!" I called to her again, my voice jumping with desperation. I could hear her murmur something.
"What?" I asked her.
Her face turned to me, a horrified expression plastered on to it.
"Subject 109 LR.X dose failure" Anna whispered, her voice pained and torn. Her eyes were red, her skin stained in her own blood, and I couldn't help her.

Hope you liked this chapter!
If any of you are confused with the subject numbers, here they are:
May: 108
Chris: 202
David: 121
Eden: 114
Anna: 109
Luke: 200
Vote! Comment! Follow!
-Cece.