5

When the tangerine quickly bowed and took off, I had stayed in place unable to even call out to him

When the tangerine quickly bowed and took off, I had stayed in place unable to even call out to him. The look he gave me when I told him not to waste my time, it was a face I thought he'd never known how to form, I mean he's always jumping around like the energetic ball of sunshine he is.

I sigh and put my headphones.

As always, it's not my business. He's probably just being dramatic... probably...

I soon arrive at my house which was only about a few blocks away from the store that Hinata works at. I open the door with my house keys and take my shoes off, quietly announcing that I'm home.

I place the plastic bag on the dining table and walk off to my room, to study as always. Not paying attention to the world around me, just isolated in my room with a book laid out in front of me and a pen in my hand.

However, my mind kept drifting towards the stupid little tangerine and the events that had occurred earlier today and just a moment ago.

~

Morning came by quickly, my eyes slowly opened to see my books and pens scattered on my desk. I slowly sit up straight realizing that I had fallen asleep while studying. I yawn and stretch hearing a chorus of cracks trailing from the bottom of my spine to the top.

I pack my things and put my books into my bag. I then take a new set of my uniform and head to the bathroom. After my daily morning routine, I grab my bag and head to the kitchen.

"Morning Kei." My brother beams with his usual goofy-looking grin. I merely bow my head and mutter a simple 'morning'. I go to the fridge and take out some bread.

"Is that all you're gonna eat?" My brother asks looking over my shoulder as I put a single piece of toast into the toaster.

I give him a 'got-a-problem?' expression. He immediately backs away and sits in the table, drinking his coffee. While eating my jam on toast breakfast I go to my room and take some money for my lunch.

"I'm leaving." I say as I finish my toast and put my shoes on. My brother walls to the front door and smiles.

"Take care." He says as I leave and close the door behind me. As usual I put my headphones on and make my way to school, my music turned up loudly to block out the rest of world.

I heaved a sigh as I place my bag next to my desk and slump onto my chair. I rest my arms on my desk and time flew by quickly. Students flooded the classroom, and I was greeted by Yamaguchi and Yachi whilst the King greets me with his glare.

Although I do notice, the little tangerine wasn't here.

Well at least I get peace and quiet for one day. "Hinata Shoyo?" The teacher called and the class stayed silent. She continued with the attendance. "That's weird... Hinata never misses school." I hear Yamaguchi mutter.