3

I ride all the way to the store

I ride all the way to the store. Along the way, my mind only drifted to Tsukishima and the events that had occurred. I felt tears sting my eyes. No one's ever helped... but, why would he even bother? He shouldn't bother with me...

My body ached and it got harder for me to breathe as I motioned my legs to move the pedals up the hill.

I soon arrive at the store, which is only at the bottom of the hill to my house. To the hellhole. I park my bike next to the automatic doors and lock it to a pole.

I enter the store and already see Natsu sitting behind the counter, doing her homework. "Hey Natsu!" I say with a big grin on my face.

She raises her head and drops her things. "Onii-Chan!" She exclaims as she runs up to me and hugs me.

"Just on time Hinata." The manager says. His eyes shift to my cheek and the rest of my body, he furrows his eyebrows and looks at me. "Well, you better get changed." He says and walks off.

"Y-Yeah!" I say and walk to the staff room. I place my bags next to the door and put on stores uniform in the bathroom. I take out my bandages and cover my wound with them. I then put on my clothes and head out.

Hours passed and it was around 7:30 at night. I was stacking some boxes to the storage when I heard the automatic doors slide open. I walk out of the storage, ready to serve the customer.

It didn't take long and soon enough the customer came into view. My eyes widened upon recognizing the short blond hair, the glasses and intimidating height. Damn it sucks to me small sometimes...

"T-Tsukishima?!" I let out.

"Shrimp?" He asks a little surprised. His expression quickly shifts to his usual neutral glance. I quickly realise that I had been staring at him and start scanning his items.

"Didn't know you worked here," he says after a short awkward silence, "didn't think you'd actually get a job in the first place."

I chuckle, nervously. "U-Uh... yeah... lucky me..." I stutter and pack his items into a plastic bag. He pays for his items and says his thanks. I watch him slowly leave the store and I clench my fist.

Should I say a proper thank you? I feel like I should say something to me him...

Without giving it a second thought I rush out of the store. "TsUkIsHiMa!!" I yell and accidentally run into his back. He uttered an 'ow' and turned around with an annoyed expression.

"What do you want?" He asks with his usual monotone voice.

"U-Um..." I stutter and fiddle with my fingers.

"If you don't have anything g to say then I suggest you don't waste my time." He speaks.

Yeah, I know I waste people's time... you don't even have to tell me. I feel a sharp pain in my chest, like I had been stabbed in the chest by an invisible knife of some sort.

It hurts...

I frowned and glance down so that he can't see my face and bow. "T-Thank you for earlier." I managed to say before I turn on my heel and run off, not letting the stupid beanpole say another word.

I arrive at the store, and I stand there at the entrance, out of breath and my body feeling limp. Everything hurts...

After I regain my composure, I enter the store and I put my usual mask once again. "Shoyo!" The manager calls.

"Yeah?" I ask putting the last box into the storage.

"You and your sister can leave early; you've worked hard enough." He says with a smile.

"E-Eh? Are you sure?" I ask, clearly unsure.

He grins and pats my back making me wince in pain "Of course!" He speaks.

I manage a smile and say, "thank you."

"Oh, and before you leave, 0here ya' go." The manager says and hands me an envelope. Confused, I take it and bow to him. I then go to the staff room restroom and change back into my school uniform. I pack my things and grab my bags.

I go to Natsu who was sound asleep on a red chair in the stateroom. "Natsu, wake up. We're going home now." I say softly.

She groans and groggily opens her eyes. "Onii-Chan?" She yawns.

I smile, "come on, the sooner we get home the sooner I can make dinner for us." I say.

Natsu immediately gets up and grabs her bag and other belongings. We walk out to the front of the store and hop onto my bike. After bidding the manager farewell, we head home.

The ride did not take, but it was painful.

When we arrive, I park my bike next to the front door and take out my house keys. I slowly open the door to see the house completely dark. It still reeked of alcohol. The house was soundless, you could've even heard a pin drop.

I enter the house with Natsu clinging to my pants for dear life. I enter the lounge room and see no one inside. I walk to my room and thoroughly look through each room to see no one.

He was gone, for now that is.

"Come on Natsu, let's unpack our things and I'll prepare dinner." I smile.

Natsu nods and rushes to her room. I head to my room and unpack my things. Only then did I realise that I had forgotten to restock on medical supplies, shoot...

You idiot!

I smack myself on the face and release a sigh.

After I had unpacked my things, I head to the kitchen and make dinner, as well as prepared Natsu's lunch for tomorrow. After we both ate, we did our nightly routine and soon headed to bed.

"Is he going to come back, Onii-Chan?" She asks in a scared tone as I tuck her into bed.

I frown, "most likely by tomorrow, maybe around lunch or early morning." I answer as truthfully as I could and give her a bright smile. I kiss her lightly on the forehead. "Goodnight, Natsu."

She smiles, "goodnight Onii-Chan!" Natsu says.

I make my way to the door and watch as she slowly closes her eyes. I close the door as gently as possible and quietly head to my room. As soon as I arrive at my door, I immediately open it and close it behind me.

Hot tears strolled down my face and my breath quickened.

It's ok, I just have to take a few deep breaths. I'll sleep it off. Everything will be just fine. Just keep it on. Keep the mask on.