12

The day had finally come

The day we'd finally get to face the Great King.

I quickly ate my breakfast and washed my dishes, not caring if it was the third years turn. I just want to get it over and done with so that I can play against the Great King!! I can't wait!!!

"Oy shrimp, you should slow down before you get hurt." I hear an all too familiar voice and a gentle hand patting my head. I spin around and meet the tall beanpole, I grin.

"Morning Tsukki!!" I chuckle.

"Tsukki?" He repeats while raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah! Can I call you that?" I ask tilting my head a little.

He stifled a laugh and slowly walked began to walk off, "call me what you like." He waved.

My eyes widen and I grin. I didn't think he'd have such a soft side to him, I like it. It's kinda adorable. I soon realise what I was thinking about and mentally slap myself. I could feel heat rushing to my face as I go into the bedroom.

"Oy! Shoyo! Let's go and practice more receives!!" I hear Noya-san exclaim as he opened the door.

"Sure! Just let me change." I grin

Noya-san nodded, "sure I'll wait for you at the court." He says and closes the door behind him. I quickly slip on a plain white shirt and black shorts. I check my wrists and see the scars, some very faded that I could barely see them. However some stuck out like a sore thumb.

I quickly apply some make-up on the scars and soon I was headed to the court where Noya-san was already working on receiving Yamaguchi's serves. I scan the room and there I find Kageyama sitting against the wall, drinking water.

"Kageyama!!" I call out to him, he turns around and I grin. "Serve to me!!"

He smirks and immediately stands up, "sure, boke!" He says and takes his place on the same side as Yamaguchi. I stood on the same side as Noya-san and positioned myself, ready to receive Kageyama's half-monstrous serves.

He spins the ball in his hands before holding it firmly, he glances at me and tosses the ball up high. His steps turn into giant ones and jumps just before the line. With all his strength he slams his hand against the ball.

The ball soared over the net and came closer to me.

I licked my lips and watch as it comes towards. I stepped back and put out my arms that I had joined, the ball hits my forearms and the ball soars up, while I stumble back. "Hah! I did it!! Did you see that Kageyama?" I ask.

"Tch, I didn't." Horrible liar.

"Stop lying and admit it already! Bakayama!!" I huff.

"Nice receive Shoyo!!" Noya-san compliments and I grin.

"See! Why can't you be like Noya-san and admit it!!" I say turning to Bakayama and pointing at Noya-san who smiled proudly.

"Shut up! Boke!!!" He growls and I freeze.

Kageyama serves another ball and I couldn't react in time, the ball hits me directly on the face and I fly back while the ball flies elsewhere in the gym. I immediately sit up, clutching my sore forehead and glare at him.

"What was that for, Bakayama!?" I yell.

"Come on you guys, let's not fight." I hear Yamaguchi say, I look at him and I see him give Kageyama a small smile, which surprisingly Kageyama returned.

Oh? I sense tea hehehe.

Wow I sound weird...

"Hey Shoyo, don't you think there's something going on between them?" Noya-san asks as he slowly approaches me. "They've talking and hanging out together, a lot. I don't remember them ever being that close before."

"Yeah, I noticed them talking to each other about a week or so ago. I don't even know when they got so chummy." I say as we sit down and drank some water.

"What are you too shorties talking about?"

"We're not short!!!!" Noya-san and I yell at Tsukishima who had been standing behind us.

Tsukishima smirks and rolls his eyes, "sure whatever you two say." He laughs and walks off with all our other teammates entering the gym after him.

"Alright everyone warm up!" Coach Ukai says.

~

After a warming up, Aoba Johsai's team had finally arrived. We all stopped practicing and greeted the team, bowing. "Yahoo! Chibi-chan~" The Great King smiles waving to me. I run up to him and grin.

"Great King!" I exclaim.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"I've been doing great! I'll do even greater in this match! We're going to defeat you again!!" I stated confidently.

The Great King smiles, "challenge accepted, we won't hold back." He says and I look at him with a big smile plastered on my face.

After a few minutes of letting Aoba Johsai warm up and practicing, we put on bibs over our clothes and lined up. "Thank you for the game!!" We chanted and we all got into our spots. Once we were all sorted the match started.

Daichi-san, Noya-san and Asahi-san all stood in the back ready to receive the Great Kings monstrous serves once again. The Great King smiled, spinning the ball in his hands, just like what Kageyama does , he stopped spinning it and held it firmly.

The whistle blew and he tossed the ball up high.

He chased after ball, watching it closely as it dropped and he jumped, just before the line. With everyone ounce of his strength he hit the ball. In less than a second the ball soared over the net and to our side of the court.

"Got it!!!" I hear Noya-san yell.

"Noya-san, nice receive!!" Tanaka-san yells.

Kageyama ran to where the ball had flown and watched it fall towards him. "Kageyama!!!" I call to him already dashing towards the net, full speed.

As always, he tossed the ball perfectly towards me, but onion head came running in just when I was about to hit the ball. I glanced at his hand, and grinned. I smacked the ball as lightly as I could. The ball slowly fell straight down and Watari failed to receive it.

"Nice Hinata!!" I hear as I land on the ground, smiling.