[8] Can't Be Fooled

Solana

After Isaiah was forced to leave with the rest of Danny's clique, I lay here in bed and just think of all he things that I could possibly be forced into here. My lips trembles at the thought, and I close my eyes as the room door creaks open.

"Lana..." Danny's soft voice lingers in the silent air, and I desperately try to block him out.

"I know you're awake, just please answer me." His feet step across the room and I keep my eyes fixed on the wooden walls, flinching when he lays a hand on my back.

"I'm not gonna hurt y-"

"Fucking liar." I cut him off. "You've hurt me repeatedly beyond repair." I croak, still staring at the wall and he stays silent. I feel the bed shift and then feel him grabbing me, pulling me into him.

"Solana... it's complicated." He says, leaving me to giggle lightly and refuse looking into his eyes, so I stare at the high ceiling instead.

"Bullshit. Danny, you've changed with this whole varsity football shit. But for what? You're so afraid to lose me, but that's how you lost me. You started to care for an air pumped football than me." I say with disappointment dripping from every word, and he surprisingly stays quiet and drops his head.

"When I got on varsity a year earlier, I expected you to kiss and praise me at my feet. I expected you to love me more, but Lana, I now realize you never cared about that, you only cared about me. You only care about me." He murmurs softy and I grit my teeth, probably shattering his moment.

"No, I fucking cared about you-" He cuts me off as he looks at me, appalled.

"You don't care about me anymore?" He asks, face ashen almost as if he's gonna be sick and I laugh dryly.

"You stabbed me with a fucking box cutter!" I exclaim and he narrows his eyes and holds up his forearm.

"You sliced me-"

"BECAUSE YOU FUCKING KIDNAPPED ME, YOU HIT ME, SLAMMED MY HEAD INTO A FLOOR, HAD ME TACKLED DOWN LIKE IM SOME FUCKING GUY!" I roar angrily, but it makes him laugh lightly, causing me to pause and look at him as if he's crazy.

"You make me sick-"

"And you make me crazy." He murmurs, crawling closer to me on the bed and I slowly slide backwards, but wince in pain from the stab wound. Danny tilts his head.

"And you still run from me?" He asks, a hint of humor clear in his voice and I widen my eyes.

"You're fucking insane, that's why!" I shout, wincing once again but he nods.

"And why do you think I am?" He questions, curiosity seriously in his eyes and I shrug.

"Because of this footba-"

"No, because of you and you always trying to get away from me." He whispers. "I see the way you interact with Michael." He murmurs, and I'm surprised by how hard my heart pounds at the sound of his name. Daniel stifles a laugh.

"Well, the way you did act with Michael." He chuckles, finding his joke obviously hilarious but I just scowl and blush. Danny freezes and leans closer, his blue eyes darkening by the seconds.

"Are you blushing?" He asks, secretly sounding in horror and I keep my mouth shut but decide to piss him off a bit.

"Maybe." I mumble and his eyes blaze up.

"What? You fucking like him?" He splutters and I sweep my eyes across the slowly dimming room before I smirk.

"A little."