[23] Ex-Best Friend

Michael

I'm pushed into the house and I stumble; about to fall over, but a body catches me. Arms are wrapped around my waist tightly and sobs are heard.

"Michael, where did you go? W-Where did they take you?" Solana cries out into a panic and I rub her back.

"Shh, it's okay. We just went to the store." She pulls back and her eyes are taking over every detail of me.

"What?" She whispers, obviously confused as to why they would let me go with them. I smile a little, then frown as Danny clears his throat. I turn us around and he goes off.

"What the hell did you think you were doing!? I know you were trying to get that worker to see the flyer if you and Solana. I should beat your ass unconscious again." He threatens, stepping forward, but Solana slides in front of me.

"He won't do it again, Danny." I gently pull her out of the way and Danny looks at us funny.

"What the hell is going on?" He whispers and I raise a brow.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh you know, so does Solana!"

"Actually Danny, I told you I just don't want to be alone. Michael is the only one I have in my situation and you constantly keep trying to kill him and hurt him to where I can't do anything but nurse him. But you're not going to say anything about it and you're going to let us be because you don't want anymore deaths on your hands, right?" She asks gently and Danny's face turns into the ugliest look I've seen in a while. His hands are clenching tightly into balls and his minions look disgusted.

"You fucking bitch. I should've never taken Michael, then I wouldn't have to deal with your defying ways and threats! Just don't think you guys can't get away with a relationship behind my back or some shit. I'll never leave you alone long enough for you two to fuck and I will always be listening at night from across the hall. You two let me find out there's something going on and I won't have to worry about Solana killing herself, because I'll kill you both." He stares daggers at us and my breathing speeds up rapidly as the thought of him hurting Solana pisses me. He smirks at me.

"What's wrong, Jackson? Mad? Want to fight?" He taunts and I jerk forward, but Solana punches me hard in the arm. I turn around and look at her, but calm down as her eyes are a watery brown and pleading.

"No." I grunt, causing him and his friends to laugh.

"Man, you're not even with Solana and you're whipped. I don't get it. She's not gonna have sex with you because she's stingy. I took her virginity and that took three years alone. She's stubborn as fuck." He spats and I just roll my eyes, not caring about his thoughts on my girlfriend. He digs into the plastic bag he's holding and roses something our way. Solana squeals, flinching away, but I shoot out a hand and catch it.

I'm still a football player, though I haven't played in months.

"Here Solana, maybe these will make you not hate me so much." He sneers and I pass the box of tampons to Solana. She clutched them to her gratefully, then buries her face in my arm from embarrassment. Danny then removed the different boxes of condoms him and his bitch crew picked out and starts tossing them to the three idiots, keeping a box for himself.

"Wait a minute." Solana speaks and we all look at her.

"If you have condoms, that means you're going to be having sex?" She asks and he shrugs.

"I can't wait for you forever, baby."

"So if you're just going to continue to "cheat" why do you still have me here?" She ask confused, and and he chuckles.