[30] Free, Alive And Together

Solana

Danny has been angry for the remainder of the day and it's because of him finding one of his minions in the process of raping me. I don't understand why though, a few weeks ago Danny was beating me just because I was mourning and he could, but now a guy tries to rape me and he gets all pissed about it?

The boy is confusing and he always has been since I known him.

I blow out a depressing breath of air and run a hand through my hair rhythmically as I look out the window in my temporary room. My mind starts to replay memorable moments with Michael and I quickly push them away to avoid a breakdown.

I can't have another one anytime soon, especially since Danny is so moody today.

Closing my eyes shut, I tense as I feel a presence walk inside the room. It's a different day me than when Danny comes in, so I turn around and sure enough, it's not Danny. I scowl probably unattractively as Alicia walks in and looks around casually. She sighs.

"Hi, Solana. How are you?" She asks and whips her head around, smirking like the little devil's helper she is. I scoff and turn back around to stare at the window.

"Suffering. Bet you love the sound of that, huh?" I say, leaving the question as rhetorical, but she answers anyways.

"I guess. I mean, I had to suffer watching you date Danny, someone I was in love with for three years. You don't care though, you never did." She says, her voice nearing and I shrug without giving her a verbal response. I see her stop beside me about five feet away and in my peripheral, she stares at me.

"I heard you've been a depressed little bitch since Danny sent Michael away." She says and that gets my full attention. I snap my head towards her, having the satisfaction of watching her step back.

"Is that what he told you?" I whisper, trying to keep it together and she looks confused. I suck in a breath.

"Danny's a fucking liar. He took him away somewhere and killed him. It's only a matter of time before it gets out in the media. You're so dumb for believing him." I grit out through my clenched teeth and then turn back to the window.

The sky is dark as small droplets of rain fall from it and I can tell the wind is viscous as leaves and stray litter is dancing around the ground. Alicia walks closer.

"No he didn't, he promised me he doesn't kill-"

"Wake the fuck up, Alicia! Danny is crazy and I'm sure if I cross some imaginary line, he will kill me too. Now if you'd please GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM!" I scream at her and she takes a step back.

Her eyes darken and we both flinch as thunder shakes the entire house, causing the lights to surge. I feel a jolt of hope in me as I realize the doors that exit out the house are automatic, so if this weather knocks the power out, I can escape. I stand up, which causes Alicia to step back more and call for Danny. I scoff.

"I wasn't even gonna beat your scary ass again." I roll my eyes and of course, Danny comes striding in. His eyes darken.

"Baby, what are you doing in here?" He asks her and she walks over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I was curious and she was telling me some things. Baby, did you really kill Michael?" She asks him and I cross my arms, glaring at him as he narrows his eyes over her head. We stare each other down with her oblivious, before he smirks.

"No baby, of course not. I would never kill someone." He leans down and kisses her head and I can't take anymore. Tears cascade down my face and I rub out of the room past them.