[33] Visitors

Michael
Six Months Later...

"Come on, you can stretch farther than that." I say to Solana as she giggles at her poor attempt of stretching far enough to place the wind chime on the hook outside our balcony door.

After about the second month of me being out the hospital and being at home doing nothing but eating, sleeping, using the bathroom and occasionally bitching about how pointless my life was, I got up and decided that I wanted to do things. I ended up getting a job anyways; even with my parents nearly begging me not to. They were worried of course and I understood that, but I'm a man and I just couldn't just continue to lay around, although it felt good.

Solana wasn't very happy with me, but she couldn't convince me to do much of anything if we're outside of her room with clothes on. Inside her room with no clothes on was a different story, cause she could convince me to do anything. Speaking of doing anything, she had stopped worrying about Danny getting away and the fact that no one was doing a thing about it... or at least that's how she'd act; not worried about it. When I'd sneak up on her to surprise her, she'd jump up too high and scream a little too loud, for someone who should be expecting it to be me since we live together now, but leave it to Solana to try to play the brave one even after some time has passed.

"Okay, I got it. Put me down." Solana laughs and I set her down carefully, then kiss the top of her head. She looks up happily as the warm breeze blows and the wind chimes starts to jingle beautifully.

"Isn't it magical?" She asks softly and I laugh.

"Yes... magically annoying. Now come on inside, my wannabe Disney princess." I tease and she starts to blush.

We walk back inside our apartment, which was generously paid for the first year we're going to be living here by our parents, and then I run through my hair and flop onto the couch, looking at my laptop. I pick up my auto mechanics book and sigh wearily.

"I have an online test of a hundred questions to finish in an hour." I murmur and Solana's hands slowly rub my shoulders from behind the couch.

"Mr. Jackson, you're becoming very distracted. You should've said something, I could have waited for you to help me hang that wind chime or better yet, I could've used a chair." She says with a hint of disapproval in her voice.

"I know, but then I thought about you trying to balance yourself on a chair, outside on the balcony and I freaked, then decided to help you anyways and now I can't help the urge to get up and drag you into the bedroom..." I trail off and she just laughs at me.

See, when I get stressed I use sex as my way to relieve it.

I think it's a great way to do it and Solana doesn't mind it, not that I get stressed often, but apparently I'm really good cause she tells me I need to stress out more. Solana sighs softly.

"Get to testing, Michael. I'm going to go away from you and when you finish, come and find me." Her lips press against my forehead and I smile and quickly look over to see her walking out of the living room.

See, another problem with not listening. I didn't want to wait a year off to start up school again and neither did Solana, so we took online classes. All of her shit is caught up with and up to date because she's a straight A student. My shit on the other hand is always at the last minute. We even are both taking the same math class and she helps me and takes my tests for me sometimes.

She's just amazing.

I start to take the test and then surprise myself by actually knowing majority of what's in it.

I mean I better if I want to run my own mechanic shop in a few more years.

After about 45 minutes, I finish the test getting a 90 on it and I put my laptop on sleep and walk happily to the bedroom. I frown as Solana is sprawled across the bed fast asleep.