Chapter Nine

I didn't realize how cold it got at night until I had to sit in a wet basement with nothing to keep you warm. It was dark down here and the only noise I could here was the slight creaking of the floorboards under Mathews feet.

My leg had finally healed enough for me to walk but it still hurt when I put a lot of pressure on it. Mathew didn't come down often but when he did, it was silent.

The basement door opened and out walked Mathew with a plastic bag. He came down it and inside were two bottles of water, a small flashlight, and a blanket. I quickly took the bag from him and sat back down against the wall.

"A 'thank you' would be nice" he said expecting me to answer.

I didn't reply and he sat down beside me. I scooted away from him but as much as I moved away, he always moved closer. He put his hand on my thigh and I quickly moved it.

"Cmon" he said putting his hand back on my thigh. He moved his hand up my thigh and I quickly stood up with a single tear falling down my face.

"Don't cry" he said pushing his body against mine, pinning me to the wall.

"Stop" I managed to say trying to push him away from me. At this point tears were flowing down my cheeks.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him. "But we love each other" he said surprising me with his words.

"I don't love you" I said pushing him off of me and running the the other side of the basement. He looked surprised by what I had just said.

"You do love me"

"No i don't"

TW: Sexual Assault

He walked towards me and pulled my hips closer to his. I could feel him against me. I tried fighting back by pushing and hitting him but he pushed me to the ground and got on top of me, pinning me down.

"Please stop" I sobbed

He started stroking the top of my hair and ran his hand down my face to my waist. He pulled my shirt off and threw it behind him.

"S-STOP"

He unhooked my bra and set it aside

"You're ok" he said while pulling my pants off. "I'll keep you safe"

—————

I felt dirty. He went upstairs an hour ago and all I've done since then was sob. I wanted Owen.

What Mathew did played in my mind on repeat making me throw up. I wrapped the blanket around myself and hugged my knees sobbing into them.

Another hour went by and I still felt disgusting. I wanted to scrub his touch off of me. I sat against the wall remembering things he had said to me.

"You're everything to me" "I love you" "I need you" "You're perfect"

I threw up again thinking of that. What kind of person does that. I'm only 16. I'm still a child. I sobbed harder. All I want is Owen.