Chapter Eight

Owen has barely talked to me since Mathew killed his little sister. I remember him talking to me about her. He said her favorite thing to do was put makeup on him. For Christmas one year, he got her a small makeup set because that was her favorite thing to play with.

I was still sitting outside of Owens door when I heard the bunker door unlocking. This time I didn't run to my room like I usually would.

"What are you doing" Mathew said walking over to me.

I look up at him but don't say a word. He sat down beside me and put my hand on my thigh. I quickly pushed it away and stood up.

"Don't touch me" I said defensively

He stood up after me and walked closer to me. I kept backing away as he got closer. He backed me against the bathroom wall and grabbed my face.

"I can do whatever I want. You don't get that do you"

I felt a tear trickle down my face as he let go of me.

"Everyone out" he said walking away and banging on Morgan and Owens doors.

I looked at Owen as he walked and his face was blank. No emotion at all. All four of us walked to the living room.

"Quinn come here" he said grabbing a giant box.

I looked over to Owen before walking to Mathew. He grabbed my hand and poured red liquid on it. It was my blood.

"Wipe it on the wall" he said

I looked at him confused before placing my hand on the wall and wiping it.

He took out a spray bottle with more of my blood in it and started spraying the floor and wall.

"What are we doing" Morgan asked as confused as I was

"We're making a crime scene. They're looking for her so we have to fake her death" he answered while making a puddle of blood on the floor.

I stepped back to Owen.

Mathew took out a bag of my hair that he had cut off and started strategically placing them.

'If they think I'm dead, they'll stop looking' I thought to myself

He started flinging my blood all over the room. When he was done, it did look like a murder scene. He put gloves on and pulled out a kitchen knife.

He started putting some blood on it but it didn't look real.

"Quinn, come here" he said

I walked over to him and what he did was insane. I look down at the knife in my leg and saw him pulling it back out. I scream out in pain as Owen runs over to me.

Mathew places the knife on the ground, in a puddle of blood as some runs down my leg. Mathew grabs Morgan and opens the door to pull her out but Owen runs to help her.

I try to run to the door, but I couldn't walk without screaming in pain. Owen and Morgan run out the door as Mathew trips trying to grab them.

He comes over to me and picks me up running and carrying me out of the bunker. I try to fight back but I can't.

Owen pushes Mathew to the ground, taking me with him. I cry out in pain as Mathew lands on my leg.

"OWEN GO" I yell trying to hold Mathew down. Owen tries to grab my arm but fails as Morgan is pulling him out of the white room. Mathew picks me up again and runs out of the white room.

"LET GO OF ME" I scream trying to get Mathew to let me go.

It was so bright. I haven't seen grass in almost a year. Or the sun or trees. Morgan is dragging Owen away as Mathew runs us to the same black suv.

I try to fight him but he throws me into the back and jumps to the drivers seat. I bang on the windows trying to break one but I can't.

Owen starts running to the car as it drives away. Mathew speeds away from Owen and Owen stops running knowing he can't catch up to us.

He's out. They're out. Them escaping makes me very happy even though I know Mathew will probably kill me.

—————

I can barely open my eyes and when I do everything is so blurry. My leg has finally stopped bleeding but the back of the car is covered in it. The smell of blood fills my nose and makes me want to throw up.

I've been in and out of consciousness but it was now dark out so I know we've been driving for awhile.

Eventually, I felt the car stop. Mathew got out and carried me to the house. As soon as you walk in, there was a small kitchen. It had black and white tile on the ground and a marble counter.

We walked into a living room area and he set me on the couch. He walked to what I assumed was the bathroom and came out with a giant first aid kit.

He cut my pant leg off with scissors and started sewing up the wound. The pain was excruciating, but I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my cries.

He carried me into the basement and walked upstairs. It was cold and musty. The floor was concrete and a little wet from what I think was a flood or the pipes dripping.

Mathew came back down with a bottle of water and handed it to me.

He put his hand on my cheek and said "I won't let them take you"

My eyes widened at his words. What did he mean by that.

"I'll be back in a little bit" he said closing the basement door.

I stood up using a pipe as support, and hobbled my way the door. I tried to open it only to find out it was locked.

I sat on the top of the step leaning on the door and started to cry. I really hope Owen and Morgan are ok.

"They got out" I whispered to myself

I took a few breaths trying to calm down. Owen is going to go to the police. He'll find me.