zehn

Sunday.

"What if she defies him, and, and he just kills her? I don't think I could live with myself if that happened." Marco said, passing the basketball that was in his hands to Dominik.

It was the only hour of "free time" they got per day, and it was only given if they were on their best behaviour.

Dominik paused for a second, before lining himself up with the hoop and taking a shot.

"Aria's not usually the type to defy people though, is she?" He smiled, as the basketball hit off the backboard and went through the hoop. "I mean, at least that's what I know, from what you've told me."

"Well, she never defied me and god, was i bad. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't left me yet." Marco sighed, looking down at the ground.

"She must really love you." Dominik replied, going over to collect the basketball that was bouncing on the ground from the shot.

"Do you really think so?" Marco asked, looking up from the ground with a look of pure hope on his face.

"She must. If she's stuck with you, even after all you put her through, then yes. Plus, don't forget, she's fighting for you. She's putting herself in danger, just to save you." Dominik uttered, trying his best to produce a smile before attempting to pass the ball to Marco -- he missed catching the ball, dreadfully

"Can I be honest?" Marco said, pausing and waiting for Dominik to nod, which he did. "Mats and Mario got it into my head that she only stayed with me because she knew too much. But the more i think about it, she does love me. Why else would she do this, for me, especially after the way i treated her?"

Dominik nodded, staring straight through Marco before finally looking him in the eyes and asking, "Do you love her?"

"Of course I do." Marco replied instantaneously.

"Try not to worry too much, I'd like to actually play basketball instead of just passing the ball to a statue." He said, passing the ball to Marco, who, this time, caught it.

"Sorry," Marco replied smiling, knowing his mate was just trying to wind him up. "It's just, she means a lot, you know? Without her, I'd be nothing."

"Cute, but try not to go all soppy on me Marco, I do need a somewhat hard guy friend in here." He smirked as Marco lined up his shot. "How did you two meet anyways?"

"Good question. Well, you see..."

-

authors note

i made new covers for all of my stories!! i hope they look better than the old ones tbh. alright, but as always thank you for reading and remember to leave feedback / vote. ily!!

- eva