eins

Friday.

The next few weeks were hard for the couple: Marco was always home late, sometimes at eleven, sometimes at one. Most of the time, he returned drunk but still the gun did not leave his back pocket, it was almost like it was sacred to him. Something that she wished she was.

Late on a Friday night, Marco entered the room where she was sitting quietly, his hands and t-shirt covered, almost stained, in bright red blood. She resisted the urge to puke, instead rushing over to where Marco stood, checking if he was hurt. He frowned at her action, not liking her hands touching his body.

'I'm fine.' He hissed, making her back away slightly. It was moments like this, when Marco saw the fear he caused her, he wished he wasn't so hostile.

'What happened?' The words came stuttering from her mouth as her body trembled with fear at both the blood on Marco and at his attitude towards her.

'This happened.' Marco said, pulling his sacred gun from his back pocket and thrusting it into her hands. The gun was surprisingly light, probably from the lack of bullets. Before she had even held it for a minute, she let it fall to the ground.

Before another word was said, he made his way to the bathroom, stripping himself of the blood stained tee and washing his hands several times. Their house was small, just one bedroom which was enough for them but on occasions, more so when they got into arguments. Usually, when this happened, Aria found herself doing everything she could to avoid Marco and his temper.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by him, throwing his t-shirt at her. 'Clean it.' He ordered, immediately regretting his harsh words as her breaths quickened, quickly following his orders.

Marco held his head in his hands while his thoughts drifted to the happy moments that Aria and him had shared, prior to his job. They were like any normal couple, poorer than most, but happy to be in each other's presence nonetheless.

He remembered the woman he fell in love with, she never seemed to let anything fade the smile on her face, she even looked healthier. And now here she was, always scared or trembling with fear, Marco hadn't seen her smile in months and now she was thin and frail, her pale skin almost grey in colour.

The only person he had to blame, was himself - and maybe Mats Hummels could be put to blame too. Mats had been the person who offered Marco the job that put a wedge between the couple, he knew it was wrong on so many levels but they were struggling for money, so he took it. And now, their relationship was struggling too.

Marco's legs dragged him over to where she was standing at the sink, scrubbing his t-shirt, desperately trying to remove the blood stains.

'I'm sorry.' His words were like icy daggers slitting across her throat. She jumped slightly, not realising how close he actually was to her. His arms slinked around her skinny waist as her breathing became irregular once more. 'You do know that I love you right?' It was like a bullet had hit her heart, never had she felt more pain. In her mind, it was all lies and he was only still with her because she simply knew too much.

'Marco, please don't.' She stuttered, dropping the blood stained t-shirt back into the water and unwrapping herself from him, leaving the room and Marco to quietly sob to himself, reflecting on the past year of his life.

-

authors note

i hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did, remember to leave a comment and/or a vote. im going to try and update at least once a week, maybe more, depending on how much free time i have. anyways, have a good day!!

- eva xx