zwölf

Sunday.

Miroslav had dropped Aria off in the surveillance van, two blocks away from where she had met Mats' yesterday.

Instead of greeting her at the door, like he did yesterday, she had to let herself in the door, climbing the stairs to see him sitting on the sofa in the corner.

"Aria! Nice to see you wore my outfit. It looks good on you." Mats said with a smirk, winking at her.

"Thank you Mats," she replied, trying her best to smile instead of showing how disgusted she was feeling inside.

"Have you spoken to Marco at all? I know how hard this must be on you." He spoke, ushering for her to sit on the sofa beside him, which she did.

"I've seen him twice, its killing him. He's not set out for prison life."

"I'm sorry," he said, looking down at the floor. "I wish I hadn't done what I did."

"What did you do? Marco always kept quiet about everything." She questioned, hoping to get the information quickly so she could leave.

"I'll tell you," he breathed, caressing her cheek and pushing his head closer to hers. "If you kiss me."

"W-what about Marco, he-"

"Forget about him."

"Okay." She replied, mentally cursing herself for being unfaithful but it was all to help free Marco, right?

He leaned in towards her lips and she quickly shut her eyes, as to avoid any awkward eye contact. She felt the softness of his lips meet her own as she tried her best to kiss back, to make it seem somewhat real, despite the niggling picture of Marco in the back of her mind.

He was the one who broke the kiss apart - she had been too scared to incase he didn't like it.

"Now will you tell me?" She asked, biting her lip nervously.

"Marco came to me when he had no money, he said something about needing to provide for you. Naturally, I gave him the job, pairing him with Mario. Mario did the killings and Marco took the rap, that just wasn't in his contract. I'm the mastermind behind this whole plot." He admitted, making Aria feel physically sick.

They spent another hour together, Aria only giving him short answers to which he would reply with long stories. However, she had got what she needed, and she was glad to be out, almost collapsing into Miro's arms at the surveillance van.

"You did it." He breathed, pulling her into a hug.

"I did." She replied with a smile, finally feeling happy with herself despite still being able to taste Mats' cigarette smoke on her lips.

-

authors note

only a few more chapters left :-) as always thank you for reading and remember to leave feedback / vote!

ily, eva x