vier

Sunday.

Marco had been in custody since yesterday and he could already feel himself crumbling under the pressure. He missed the way her hand fitted into his, almost like they were meant to be.

He was in a small bleak cell, no bigger than their bathroom at home. There was no windows, only a small uncomfortable bed which was placed in the back corner of the room. He had been told that he would be out for questioning soon, that was a few hours ago however.

Almost as if on queue, the door of the cell opened and two police officers grabbed him immediately, putting his hands behind his back in an instant. They pushed him towards another bleak room, this time it was larger than his cell.

On the other side of the table, where they had sat him down, sat a man in a grey suit, who had a confident smirk on his face.

"What can you tell me, Marco?" His tone was sharp and it made the hair on the back of Marco's neck stand up.

"Everything, anything, where do I begin?" He said, startling the grey suited man slightly, he obviously wasn't expecting Marco to talk.

"From the beginning, I suppose." The man said, clasping his hands on the table.

"If I tell you everything I know, what will happen to me?" Marco asked, unsure whether to tell the truth in order to lesser his involvement.

"Did you kill those people?" He said, making Marco look up at him in shock.

"No-" He began to protest, but was interrupted.

"Why did we find your DNA on the victims bodies then?" He asked, the corner of his lips twitching upwards into a smile.

"It was Mario, he shot them with my gun and then forced me to take it home so he wouldn't be implicated. I was there and I always tried my best to save them but it never worked. And Mats, he was the one who forced me and Mario into this and to keep quiet, otherwise he'd kill us which is why I haven't told anyone." The words escaped from Marco's thin lips like smoke escaping from a contained area.

"How can we rely on your version of events, Marco?" The detective asked, frowning slightly.

"Why would I lie about this anymore? I have to live with the memories of all those people, pleading with him, begging him not to pull the trigger, yelping in pain when he did and then bleeding to death before I could even try to save them." Marco shouted angrily, his voice getting louder towards the end of his speech

"What was Mario's motive?" The detective asked, quickly directing Marco's anger to another question.

"Mats hired Mario and I, we were both short on money and we thought it would be small jobs like delivering the goods, but instead it was murder and once he told us what we were to do, we couldn't get out."

"What goods are you talking about, Marco?"

"Mats is a drug dealer, that's what I thought we would be doing." Marco shrugged.

"Did you know who the victims were?"

"No, never personally, but Mario had told me that they owed Mats money, drug money, and they had been late on payments numerous times before."

"Did you ever take any money or valuables from them, Marco?"

"I didn't, no, but Mats told Mario to take whatever he could find that roughly totalled the amount of money that he was owed by them."

"Why did you get involved then?"

"I already told you, once we had agreed to do the small jobs we were trapped, and once he told us what he actually wanted us to do, we knew too much. I was scared for my life, not only mine, my girlfriends too, I didn't know what he was capable of." Marco's eyes teared up at the thought of his wonderful, beautiful, loyal girlfriend, Aria.

"That'll be all for now, thank you Marco." The detective smiled sadly, realising that he had broken his one star witness already.

"Can I go home now?" Marco almost whispered, tears streaming silently down his face.

"Unfortunately not, since currently, we can't prove that your version of events is true, we need to keep you in for further questioning, plus we have evidence that links you to the scene of the crime. We could put you on trial right now but we need to look into your version of events and verify it." He said, gathering his papers from the table and standing up, heading for the exit of the door leaving Marco to wonder if telling the truth was worth it.

-

authors note

im so so sorry for the ridiculous amount of speech in this, ive been overrun with school projects and ive been much more motivated to write my david de gea story: which is almost done!! but anyways thank you for reading and as always feedback is very much appreciated, hope you all have a wonderful day :]

- eva xx