zwei

Saturday.

Aria had soon become accustomed to Marco returning home, covered in blood, always eager to get rid of his gun. It wasn't something she wanted to happen normally in her life, but it did, so she simply had to carry on like nothing happened. She kept count of the number of nights it occurred:

Friday the 3rd

Sunday the 5th

Monday the 6th

Wednesday the 8th

Friday the 10th

Saturday the 11th

Six times in total.

She could see he was trying his best not to take out his anger at her although it slipped once and his palm hit her cheek with the force of, what felt like, a meteor. Instantly he regretted losing his temper as his hand found his way back to her cheek, now able to feel the dampness that her tears had caused.

'I'm sorry-' He began before pressing his head towards hers, so that their noses were touching. 'I love you.' He whispered, planting a soft kiss on her lips as he looked into her emotionless eyes. 'Do you love me?' He asked, seeking an impossible answer. She simply stared at him, her voice unable to string together a word, yet alone a sentence.

'I said, do you love me?' He repeated angrily, his hands squeezing her cheeks until they were a rosy pink. 'You don't, do you?' He whispered, pushing her fringe out of her eyes and kissing her forehead.

This was exactly what confused her - the constant mood swings. One minute, he would terrify her and the next he'd be confessing his love for her.

She didn't love the Marco that terrified her, he made her fear for her life multiple times and gave her no reason to love him. It was the sweet, caring Marco that she wanted to grow old with, the same one that she fell in love with.

'I love this Marco.' She whispered, finally managing to string together the words that had been floating about her mind for the last few minutes. 'The one I fell in love with.' She said quietly, repeating her thoughts.

'I don't ever want to let you go.' He whispered, hugging her tightly.

'Me either.' She mused, letting a tear slip from her eyes, knowing that soon he would be out of her grip.

-

authors note

this is so short im sorry, i'll try and make the next chapter longer but anyways i've thought of some new plots and my to do list is reaaally long now but i want to try and write a little more of this story before i even think about another story. i hope you all enjoyed this extremely short chapter and remember to leave feedback, have a good day!!

- eva xx