The Missing Piece

Countless family photographs were lying on the floor as the two girls skimmed through them desperately. Tomoyo was trying her best to sort the mess they made but there were too many albums to settle. Occasionally she would find her own mother's picture and immediately mail it to her.

"Syaoran. Trust me on this! I know that I can find it here somewhere!" Meilin stubbornly explained.

"You'll only end up pissing off Touya and Yukito." He sighed.

Meilin and Tomoyo rushed to Kinomoto residence in search of a copy of the picture Sakura found at Kaguya's place. The one Kaguya had, lacked the presence of her sister, probably erased by the spell from the Memory Lantern.

If Meilin was right, this could be a crucial lead to finding the identity of the attacker.

"Come on! My speculation might be true as well

"Come on! My speculation might be true as well."

"We can discuss with Eriol about how to approach this." He reasoned.

"I'll send you some childhood pictures of Sakura's" Meilin smiled.

"You can't always take advantage of me by tugging her in."

"Well then you should have let me come for your 'men's reunion' if you didn't want me to go around looking for answers." Meilin's voice sounded higher pitched than usual.

Box after box, there were pictures of Nadeshiko on trips, in modeling clothes and with flower bouquets embraced in her arms, but no sign of a duplicate photograph.

Meilin sighed heavily as she sat down to arrange the pictures beside Tomoyo.

"I was so excited that I found a lead." Meilin whined.

"It's okay... We tried." Tomoyo patted her on her back and collected all the albums into a stack.

Fujimoto with his frail arms and whitening hair walked into the room.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" He smiled gently.

Tomoyo turned her head hinting a no. She took Meilin's phone opened the picture and showed it to him.