Yuuko's Wish Shop

"I think its here!" Meilin waved her hand with enthusiasm. Her dark hair was tied in two buns and she looked charmingly youthful in the afternoon light.

Sakura walked towards the gate of an old house hidden between a group of tall corporate buildings. She looked around with amazement and wonder.

The house with its spacious garden, mystic doors and crescent moon on the roof; looked unmistakably quanit compared to its grey surroundings

The house with its spacious garden, mystic doors and crescent moon on the roof; looked unmistakably quanit compared to its grey surroundings. As she walked across the gate, she could feel a strong sense of magic.

"Hello. Is this Youko's Wish Shop?" Meilin asked a woman who was seated on the wooden stairs overlooking the garden.

Sakura was surprised to see other working women visiting the shop. She thought she'd feel out of place, as she expected the shop to be a place for mostly young teenagers who were in search of a mystical experience.

"Yes it is. Youko will be arriving in a while." The woman answered.

She was wearing a traditional kimono and had dark curly hair that cascaded down her back

She was wearing a traditional kimono and had dark curly hair that cascaded down her back. Her hands were holding a string of meditation beads and she didn't seem too bothered by their presence.

Sakura looked around trying to find the source of such power, but it seemed to extend around the house like a magic field.

"So... is it really true? That the witch can grant wishes?" Meilin finally broke the silence, feeling a little restless before a stranger.

The woman didn't look away from the trees she was looking at, and noded her head.

"She granted my wish." She answered calmly.

"She did?"

"Long back, the witch protected me from the shadows of evil spirits."

"Spirits?" Sakura asked hesitantly.

"Spirits frequent at the shrine, where I live, so it's only natural for them to haunt me." She spoke seriously.

Meilin was a little taken aback by the unexpected frankness and Sakura was sure she'd have nightmares at night.