Chapter 3

The week went quite slowly if you asked Marinette, nothing had changed really over the summer break, the abuse was the same, her and Cassie met again after school, her daily calls continued and  the akuma's became somewhat calmer.

It was finally Friday and the school was gathered in the assembly hall for the weekly assembly. None of her class wanted to sit next to her but everyone else in the school would bicker and fight over who would sit with her, they all still loved her and saw her as the old bubbly girl she was; seeing people still care for her made her feel better and even laughed watching kids in her year fight over her, her small giggle, no matter how quiet or short it brightened up everyone's day.

Today she had the pleasure of sitting in between Marc and Aroure, the boy gained confidence after partnering up with Nathaniel but lost it all again and went back to his shy old self after Nathaniel left him due to another of Lila's lie's but no matter how much Aroure was judged by Lila, she never lost herself and carried on with her weather presenting career. 

Mr Damocles walked onto the stage and gave his normal announcements with a few notices but added something new to his presentation.

The whole year was informed of the essay competition set up by Mr Wayne and most participated besides her class, or so they thought. Lila took this as an advantage saying she personally knew the man and was considered a daughter despite dating his youngest son, this got on Marinette's nerve as no one used her family in that sort of way no matter who they were; She tried defending herself but was met with several punches in the face. The class wasn't informed of their president taking part but didn't mind, if the 'bully' entered a competition she was sure to loose anyways, she's pathetic. 

"Many of you entered Mr Wayne's competition but only one class won from our school, they didn't just get in the top three but won first prize earning two weeks away in America." He straightened himself while swapping the hands that held the microphone, everyone was now intrigued, one of them could be in America for two weeks, that class surely did good!

"I have the pleasure of saying that Class A15 won first place!" His voice got louder as if the hall would go into a frenzy but it stayed in a pin drop silence. 

The class was confused, they never entered but what the heck! A two week trip to America who could turn it down?

Lila whispered to her BFF besides her, "I secretly entered without any of your knowledge to surprise all of yous!"

Alya's eyes went wide and hugged the girl while the rest of the class sent thank you' s her way. 

Marinette sat in her chair, she felt everyone in the hall stare at her but not her own class, they were too busy praising Lila. None of the students in François Dupont liked class A15, they were given the name 'the akuma class' as they were all akumitised at one point besides Marinette and Adrien, however, Adrien was akumatised for the first time a few months back leaving Marinette being the only one in the class who hasn't been akumatised. 

They all pitied the girl, yes, she needed a break but with them by her side constantly could definitely lead to disaster, Aroure decided to speak up "Congrats, I'm guessing you entered the class? you are president after all." she nodded slightly and let out a light sigh, she wanted this trip after all.

Looking at the blonde on her left who she considered a good friends, she put her mask back on "They all deserve a break, it's the least I could do." the bluenette gave a small smile, it seemed quite genuine if you asked and it put smiles on the children around her, even a few teachers; the girl was selfless and too caring for her own good, it could seriously become the end of her. 

The school day went by particularly fast and the teens of François Dupont were now at home doing what they pleased, most staying up and hanging with friends but Marinette sat in the Bakery selling a few baked pastries.