chapter five.

FIVE. THE CANDY MAN CAN('T)

"Yeah, Ally! Now you're getting the hang of it!"

Her wavy hair blew behind her with the breeze and force of the wind. She held on tightly to the reins that were attached to the large bus. They all wore trojan helmets for more effect, Yakko's idea. She originally didn't want to take the lead, but when all three Warners let go, she had to.

It was actually pretty fun though.

She whipped the giant vehicle at the red light. They halted. "How's that for an entrance?" Ally scoffed playfully at Yakko, lightly shoving him. "Hey, I did most of the work." He just sent her a charming wink.

Wakko's sniffing caught their attention. "What is it, boy?" Ally asked urgently. "Look!" Dot pointed to a candy store. A choir sang as the sun directly beamed on it.

"One of these days I'm gonna find those singers," Yakko told the audience

"One of these days I'm gonna find those singers," Yakko told the audience. He signaled Ally to keep going. "Full speed ahead!"

"Ay ay, captain!" Ally saluted him but stopped. "We can't go any further without destroying it. How do I—" She was talking to no one. The children's laughs were heard from the road. "Wait! How do I park this thing!?"

She tries to call them back, but they're long gone. She glanced back hurriedly, not wanting to block anybody. She quickly pulled out a blank piece of paper. She wrote, 'FREE BUS' and stuck it onto the side. Then, the sixteen-year-old just ran, hoping no one would notice her.

"What took you so long?" Yakko teased the girl. Ally gave him a look. "Look! He's waving at us. What a nice man. He wants us to come in." Dot announced to the others. Ally stepped up. "Hey, um, quick question: does it matter if I try to stop you?" She doesn't think she can handle six months of chasing them around, trying to stop the inevitable.

"Nope!"

"I appreciate the honesty."

The Warners burst through the doors. "The candy man's swell! One look and you can tell! That this nice man wears a toupee!"