chapter eighteen.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ☆ TWINKLE TOES

The fire crackles as Ally stokes it. "All right." She drops the object in her hand before clasping her hands together. "That settles that. Wakko." She nods her head towards the boy. "If you would do the honors."

Wakko smiles, reaching for the bag. "Now let's see. Marshmallows, graham crackers, and-" his hand is empty. Something is missing. "Oh no. No, no, no. I forgot the chocolate!" Yakko and Dot gasp dramatically.

Ally waves her hand for them to calm down. "Hey, hey, it's okay. We can still have fun." She assured, though she really was a little disappointed she'd be missing out on smores. She knew she should've packed the bags.

Wakko falls back on his log, arm covering his face. "But what's the point of a camping trip without s'mores?" He cries, throwing his head back. As Ally was about to say something, stomping was heard.

A large, blond man comes into view. He leans down to Wakko's height. "Um, excuse me, but, you cannot be here." Ally quickly notices the thick accent. Yakko is quick to spring up. "Hey! Maybe this guy's got some chocolate." He points. Dot hops behind him. "Yeah, mister! You got any chocolate?" Wakko joins his siblings. "Please!"

Ally raises her hand. "Please comply. It's the only way you'll survive."

But the man shakes his head. "What? No!" The children whine. "Aww, why not?" They all ask in sync. "Because," the man seethes. "This is not Wonka Willy's playtime!" He swiftly turns around, raising his arms. "This is the Greek Games!"

Ally pops her head up. She now sees that they are in fact inside a stadium. News reporters are scattered around. Contestants warm up. "Huh," Yakko notes with a nod. "So it is." Ally tilts her head indifferently. "How'd we miss that?" She narrows her eyes as light is flashed in her eyes. "Ow."

She rubs her eyes. "And I!" The blond man jabs a thumb into his bicep. "Am Nils Niedhart, the overwhelming favorite, to win all the gold medals!" He roars, pointing to the case of medals. A 'Reserved 4 Nils' sign falls.

Wakko's face lit up. "Hey, look! Foiled wrapped chocolates!" Oh no. The color drains from Ally's face, flashbacks of the game dodgeball attacking her mind. She shudders. Suddenly, trumpets start blaring, forcing her to zone back into reality. Ally turns her head. Nils looks down. "It's starting! Okay, bye-bye!" Ally glances at his feet, watching as they lightly touch the ground.

"No squatters in the stadium until after games are over," Nils claims. "Why not?" The words escaped Ally's mouth. "Because," Nils grabs her shoulders firmly. His face comes close to hers. "That's when the urban decay sets in." Ally blinks slowly, taking a cautious step back. "Okay, Kids, get your stuff, we're going ho-"

Without warning, he shoves her and the Warners into the tent, hurling them across the stadium. The four shriek as they fly through the air. "This is so..." Yakko starts. "In tents!" As soon as he finished the pun, the tent crashed and drums were heard.

Ally can't believe he just said that.

"Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the best athletes in the world." The contestants stand, holding their flags. Then Nils drops down, whacking them out of the way. "Yah! Hello! Nils Niedhart coming through!" He prances over to the middle of the stadium. "Get over it. No big deal."

"JK! Very big deal!"

The crowd held up their signs, chanting the man's name. "I love you, Nils!" A fan shouts, showing his shirt. "Thank you, but I'm already in a serious relationship with my biceps, Ronald and Matilda, and my pecs, Mooby and Highbeam. And my calves, Ambush and Bazooka!" He kisses all of them.