~T h i r t y - t h r e e~

I'm just saying-there is going to be a drastic change in Amara's behavior and it's because she is realizing they are nothing like her family. Just don't be surprised when she doesn't stutter or anything like that as much. I figured thirty chapters in, she should probably be developing as a character haha :)

Amara POV

We finally arrived home and it was safe to say I was exhausted. All of that talking and playing had tired me out to the point that I think I could fall asleep once I hit the couch.

"Sweetheart why don't you go sit on the couch and pick a movie. We know you're tired" Hudson pointed out.

I didn't protest as I moved my tired legs to the living room. I grabbed the remotes off of the coffee table and scrolled through the Disney plus the boys had. I was almost certain they had gotten it just for me but no one said anything.

I heard footsteps and glanced up to see all three of them holding a different type of snack. Hayden was holding chips, Hudson was holding popcorn, and Greyson was grinning like a madman with two spoons already dipped into a tub of ice cream.

My eyes widened before I let out a string of giggles at how ridiculous they all looked. They all gave me innocent looks before plopping themselves down on the couch near me. And by near me, I mean so close to me that it seemed like we were cuddling.

"Wh-what are you g-guys doing?" I asked extremely surprised. I wasn't fully comfortable with touch yet but it didn't seem like that mattered at the moment as they all settled in, trying to get comfortable.

The boys gave me mischievous grins. "What? We are just sitting on the couch with you?" Greyson asked innocently.

They all smirked at me while I remained stiff. It was still very odd to me and I wasn't used to people expressing affection.

"It's okay, all we want to do is relax with you and have a peaceful night. If you don't want us to be so close to you than we can move, but our only intentions are to relax and eat some junk food" Hayden reassured, always noticing my stiffness.

I sometimes hated how they could read me like an open book.

I nodded in confirmation and tried to relax back on the couch. My shoulders were touching Hayden on one side and Greyson on the other. I knew it wasn't feeling fully comfortable yet, but I definitely didn't feel afraid.

I could see them smile out of the corner of my eye but no one said anything, something I was grateful for.

"So what movie did you pick?"

"M-Moana" I squeaked out, partially worried they wouldn't want to watch a Disney movie.

"Yes!" Greyson yelled out, pumping his fist in the air. I let out a laugh as the other boys chuckled. Like a real laugh. And it felt good.

"What? You thought that the Disney plus was for you? Oh no Princess it's for me, I love Disney movies" He stated dramatically. I had a feeling he was just trying to make me relax but it was working.

"He's not kidding Mara, all we ever watch with him around is Disney movies. Moana is his favorite" Hudson said while rolling his eyes.

I smiled, watching fondly as Greyson reached over to smack Hudson who was sitting on the floor beside my feet.

"They're usually not this violent" Hayden whispered making me giggle.

"Can we start th-the movie?"

"Of course we can sweetheart, do you want anything to eat? We don't have much right now, we have to go to the store tomorrow, but I'm sure we could find something." He asked.

"No t-that's okay, I'm fine"

"You haven't eaten since breakfast princess. I know we were at the park past lunch, but we need you to eat something, even if it's something small" Hudson chimes in as I realize both him and Greyson had stopped fighting and were watching us.

I had wondered when they were going to comment on it, I was surprised when they didn't make me eat something for lunch.

"B-but I'm not hungry" I stated with what felt like conviction. But looking at them, I knew it wasn't going to work.

"How about you pick two foods you like to eat? They can't be super small but they don't have to be main foods either. These would be what we call your safe foods. Foods that you have no problem eating. We can start with that" Hudson explained.

The other two looked at me expectantly.

"I guess yogurt and m-maybe an apple?" I suggested, watching them give me small smiles.

Hayden left the room to get what I assume is the snacks I just told them.

"That's really good princess, we can work on adding some bigger foods to that list but that's a very good start. We're very proud of you." Hudson praised.

My face burned as I kept my gaze down, but I know they could see the smile on my face.

I never got praise, and I was never told that anyone was proud of me, so to hear them say it was a surprise.

"Thank y-you"

Awww guys I love their supportive nature. I wish my own parents were like this, don't you?

See you next time!

See you next time! ❤