~F i f t y~

Ch.50 (some reason Wattpad is messing it up so this is 50)

Hudson POV

"Well, there's not much to tell...it all started when we met you individually. Although I must point out that I was the only one that had been lied to" I chuckled, watching as she gave me a sheepish smile.

"You were a stranger" she said defensively, putting her hands up.

"I know, and I'm glad you didn't trust me, I would have been a little worried if you did. Anyway, we all decided we wanted to help the little girl we had all met, but we didn't know you were the same girl we all had met. I'm going to be honest, I had suspected abuse from the start, but I didn't know the extent. But I had really hoped that wasn't the case, I wanted it all to be coincidental" I explained, imagining that day in my mind to tell her. I had been so worried for the girl I didn't know, and I desperately wanted to know more information, but she didn't know me at the time and had no reason to trust me.

"We soon realized you were the same girl and formed a plan to talk to you. At first it was more about getting you out of a bad situation, but as time went on, we realized that you were the one who needed our help, or most importantly, our love" I continued, seeing a blush rise to her face. She needed to hear this no matter how much it embarrassed her.

"You somehow wormed your own special way into our hearts and soon enough, the day came where Hayden pulled me out into the hallway and asked if I had the same thoughts on adopting you and bringing you into our care. I don't really know how you did it, but you got all of us attached to you very quickly" I finished, chuckling at how she has us all wrapped around her little finger.

"It's not my fault" she muttered, picking at her nails.

"Trust me when I say this Amara, it was a good thing that we got attached very quickly. Our goal from the start was to put you into a caring and loving home, and I'd like to say we accomplished our goal. We put you into a loving home. Our home"

She eyes shot up to me, widening at my statement. I hated that the shock was evident on her face. I wanted her to fully believe that we love her and only want the best for her, but I knew that it would take time and trust.

A smile formed on her face as she finished off her coffee.

"Thank you Hudson. I know I don't say it nearly enough, but you all saved me. You don't know how much this means to me."

My smile matched hers.

We spent a little more time at the café chatting before I figured we had spent enough time and the workers were most likely wanting to clean.

"You ready to get out of here and go home?"

She nodded, going to stand.

I had noticed her eyes were a little unfocused and her hands were shaking slightly when we were talking, but I thought it was just the anxiousness of the conversation and it would go away with time. When she went to stand, it was clear that the shakiness had not gone away and had only gotten worse.

Her legs were unsteady and she forced a hand down to the table to keep herself upright. Her breathing was heavy and I could tell she was about to pass out. I was up and out of my chair hovering over her when her eyes rolled and her legs buckled. I caught her before her head hit anything, but she had already lost consciousness.

Shit. Not here. Not without Hayden.

Her pulse was thready and weak, and my hand immediately went to my phone to call Hayden. He was working at the hospital today and I knew that Amara wouldn't let anyone else touch her, whether she was awake or not. I couldn't risk an ambulance and losing her trust that she has built up. I didn't want to see her panicking even more if she woke up in an ambulance.

I picked her up, ignoring the hushed whispers and looks from everyone else and ran to my car, securing her in the back before hoping in myself.

"C'mon Hayden pick up...pick up!"

"Hello?" he finally answered, sounding tired.

"Hayd we are on our way to the hospital right now. Amara passed out in the coffee shop when we were about to leave. Pulse is weak and she's pale, still unconscious. I'll meet you at the ambulance bay, just you no one else" I explained quickly, speeding to the hospital.

"Got it. I'll be waiting at the doors" he said, ending the call.

I focused on the road and getting us to the hospital as quick as possible. I didn't expect something major to be wrong, but I wasn't taking any chances.

I pulled up to the emergency department and made eye contact with my brother. Without words we put Amara on the gurney he had brought and wheeled her into one of the trauma rooms. Nurses and doctors were swarming about the place and it brought no comfort that Hayden still hadn't said anything.

God I hope she's okay. For her sake and ours.

Hayden POV

I'm gone for one day. One day and she's back in the hospital. This shouldn't have happened. I should have been there with them.

Shaking away my thoughts I got to work. Hudson went to park the car while I got vitals on my sweet Mara. I knew that she wouldn't feel completely comfortable with what I was doing but until she was awake, I needed to find out what made her faint.

Her blood pressure was lower than what it should be and her heart rate was slower than I wanted. It's possible that she was dehydrated but I'd be surprised if that was the reason for her fainting. She knows better than to stay on top of that kind of stuff. But either way I put her on IV drip fluids just in case.

I wanted to get a blood panel and other screenings done, but I knew I'd have to wait until she was conscious again. I couldn't ruin her trust like that. Not when we had gotten so far.

I hooked her up to the monitors to watch her vitals, but until-

"Dad?"

Oh thank god.

Hope you liked it! Sorry for such a delay on updates!