Chapter 16

Laney's POV

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Sam?" I turned over to see an empty bed. My heart started to race at the thought of him gone. I ran to the nursery to check up on my beautiful babies. When I got there Paige was already awake. Her beautiful eyes were just staring at the ceiling in wonder. I picked her up and started to sway with her on my hip. I grabbed a bottle and put some formula into the warm water.

Giving her the bottle, I walked out to find everybody in full action. When I got into view, some pack member rushed up to me to look at my baby. She was grinning from ear to ear at the attention.

"Where's Sam?" I asked.

"He's in his office. I saw him go in there with Greyson real early this morning." A girl with brown hair replied.

So that is where I headed. I walked back up the steps to my mate's office door. I knocked on the door quietly in case he was in a meeting. Greyson opened the door with a worried look on his face.

"Hey sis-Lane. What do you need?" His face contorted when he said my name. Was he going to call me sis?

"I need to talk to Sam. It's urgent." His face relaxed and opened the door more to let me in.

"Sam. It's lane. She needs you." I looked up to see Sam with a girl a little older than Sam. The girl had her hand on his arm.

"Hey beautiful. You needed something?" He smiled at me, but anger boiled inside on me at the sight of another girl touching him.

"Never mind. It's nothing. I shouldn't have bothered you." My voice came out strained. I couldn't keep the pain from seeping in my words. He instantly got up and walked over to me. His arms wrapped around us and I felt like melting.

"Baby, I want you to meet someone." Sam picked me up with Paige in my arms. He sat in his chair and sat me on his lap. He shifted me sideway a little, grunting at the movement. "This is my sister, Rachel. She is two years older than me. And ran away a while ago. Now she is back."

I looked her over, not smiling. She looked a little worried and I smiled to tell her that she was okay. "Rachel. Rachel. Where have I heard that name before? You look familiar. Have we met?"

"I don't think so, Luna. You don't look familiar to me." She rushed it out a little too quickly for not knowing.

I gasped when I remembered. "Rachel Clay. You are the one that got married to... Alpha... Mason." My voice trailed off at the end.

The room was quiet for a while as we started to process who was sitting in front of us. No one dared say a word or look at each other. This was the day we had all been regretting.

"I'm sorry, Luna. I don't want to do this. He sent me to try to take you so it would be easier. He wants to make a trade. The Luna for Victoria." Rachel didn't make a noise after speaking.

Sam started to get angry. "Take Paige." As Greyson turned to leave, Sam picked me up and sat me in the chair. "Sam, don't do this."

"You have no right to come on my land and demand my wife and Luna of this pack. You can either leave now or be put in the dungeon." He walked over and grabbed her arm yanking her out of her seat.

"Sam please. You know it's an order. I can get her back! Just let me tell mason that you want to make the trade so he will bring Victoria." Sam let her go back in the chair.

"Can I see your wrists?" He asked. She flipped her arms over and nothing was there. What was he getting at? "He lied!"

A piece of paper was on the desk. I grabbed it and saw highlighted parts. 'Give up your mate' 'trapped my mate and cut her wrists' 'receiving full revenge'

I looked up at Sam. He was staring at me with glossy eyes. He was trying to hold in the emotions that were running through him. He was going to trade me for his sister. She was his family. Always has been.

I was staring to doubt that Sam would do that to me, but he spoke before I could confirm it.

"Call Mason. I'll make the trade."