Chapter 13

This chapter will be in third person and maybe Greyson's point of view. I hope you enjoy!

Here is chapter 13....

-------_____________

Laney had been unconscious for three days. When she was rushed to the doctor, she had a very faint heartbeat. They put her on life support and she has laid in the same hospital bed since. Dr. Kevin checked on the pups she was having. From the impact of the fall, she lost one of the babies. The doctor said the one that lost its life was a boy and the other a girl. Being the brother he wanted to protect his sister and somehow moved to save her.

Laney doesn't know yet that she lost one of them. Neither does Samuel. He had been locked in the cell he was put in before he attacked the Luna. His emotions had been from the edge of the universe and back. He would be fine one moment and the next he would be trying to tear the guard's arm off. The pack doctor had come in and checked on him as well.

The only news that he had given was he had something in his system that is making him like this. But when the doctor tried to check what it was Sam went off on him. Sam had felt a severe sadness after he attacked Laney.

His beta, Greyson, has taken over the pack for now. The pack can't survive without an alpha, and their alpha was locked up. Each person had their own problems to deal with. Some more severe than others.

Greyson's POV

I was pacing around the office. The alpha was downstairs locked up. The Luna was unconscious and lost a pup. The alpha attacked the Luna. Everybody was on edge. I also received a letter from a neighboring pack.

Everything that could go wrong, felt like it did. The got hacked into itty bitty pieces. Since it had Sam's name on it I couldn't open it. But it did say 'to the alpha'. So I opened it.

Sam,

I hope that you don't mind me asking. How are you? I have been wondering about you. Trying to figure out when I would get to see you again. I have missed you. Nobody is better than you. You were a brother when I needed you. A friend to help with girl problems. A 'lover' when we needed a good kick. I want to know when I can meet you again. I also heard about your mate. So sad that it had to end like this for her. Losing a pup and her mate. So sad. But it will all better when I see you again.

I love you forever.

-your big sister, Rachel

I stared at the paper no knowing what to do. I ran to the doctor and into the room my Luna was in. I gasped at the sight. Dr. Kevin standing over her with all of the tubes in his hands.

"What the hell are you doing?" I yell at him.

I jumped and turned towards me. "The bitch needed to die. One pup is dead. The other is surely not going to live." He tsked and laid the tubes on a tray. "You can have a last moment alone with the Luna before I pull the last one out."

He was slight walking out. I rushed to her side. All of the tubes I could I put back in her. I sighed and went to grab a chair when a loud beep went off. I turned around, Laney's monitor had gone off. Trying to figure out how it happened, I started CPR on her. I couldn't let her die. "NO! This is not how you are going to die lane. You aren't going to die! You need Sam! To grow up and have kids! To be my sister again! God, lane, don't die on me!"

I kept pumping her chest. Then a thought occurred to me. I pulled every single tube and wire out of her. Making a run for the door, with her in my arms, the doctor tried to stop me. I pushed him down and ran to Sam. I pushed the door open and it slammed shut behind me.

"Sam! I need you man! It's Laney." I panted and brought her over to the cell. Far enough away he couldn't reach her. "She's dying, Sam."

Tears fell from his swollen eyes. "This is my fault." I just stared at him. "Bring her here. I need to see her."

I cautiously brought her to the door. He grabbed her hand gently and placed a kiss in her palm. He placed his hand on her stomach. Oh no. I started to pull her away so he wouldn't figure it out. "Stop."

"Sam, I'm so sorry." He looked confused and placed his head on her stomach. You could only hear one heartbeat. And it was the pup's.