Chapter 6

Sam's POV

I woke up with a sore spot on my neck. I looked over and saw Lane sleeping. Her mouth slightly open with her hair sticking in all directions. Her hand was wrapped around me and the pillow. I moved her hair to see her neck red from where I sucked on it.

I leaned in to kiss her when she turned over. Her back facing me and her back exposed. I smiled and kissed her back. Moving to the edge of the bed, I slowly got up not wanting to wake Laney up.

I headed to the bathroom to take a shower. The hot water spraying on my neck and back. The bathroom door creaked open and in walked a sleepy Laney.

She blinked a few times and opened the shower door.

"Why did you leave?" Her soft, tired voice made her sound so sexy.

"I needed to take a shower. I was going to let you sleep. You had a long day yesterday." I said with a sad smile. She took that as the opportunity to climb in with me. I pulled her close and kissed her neck.

She turned red and moaned under my touch. The hot water poured down on her face as she smiled.

"You helped me more than I thought you would." She wrapped her arms around my neck and snuggled against me. I was happy she said that. I made me feel like I was doing something right.

"Yeah."

"Yeah? That's all you have to say?" I could tell she was sad.

"That's not what I meant. You just went through the biggest heartbreak ever. I don't know what else to say." I said in a whisper.

"Biggest heartbreak? That was when you left. Yeah it hurts that Hunter left. I can't believe he did. Is there something wrong with me?" Her bloodshot eyes started to drain. The tears again.

"No. You are perfect baby. Dry those tears up. We are going out. I can't have my princess be sad on a Saturday." I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

Her face turned red. "Samuel! I can't believe you remember."

"Of course I would remember! It was our thing. Once a month reenact out first kiss." I leaned down and kissed her neck. "Now lets go have some fun."

And we did. Laney remembered every word as if she recited it everyday. When it got to the kiss she stopped. She was laughing to hard to say the words right. She finally caught her breath and finished her sentence.

"I love you, Sam."

I looked into her eyes. They got darker and darker. I grabbed her waist and pulled her down on me. Her hands tangled into my hair as she kissed me. It wasn't just a sweet kiss like when we were little. Her lips were needy and tried to be dominate. I couldn't let that happen. We kissed until I needed air.

"I love you, Laney."

Two Days Later...

I got out of my corvette and walked around to get Laney. I picked her up bridal style and walked toward the front door. She loved being carried everywhere.

There were many students watching us walk into school. I opened the door and acted like I was going to drop her. She screeched and grabbed my neck for support.

My best friend, Greyson, came up to me. "Hey man! I gotta talk to you about something concerning a person."

I felt her turn beside me. "You can just say it. If the alpha can hear it, the Luna needs to hear it too."

His look was weary. "Um... Hunter found his mate. It's uh, his mate is, Eryn." I don't know if Lane felt it, but my chest tightened. About that time Hunter and Eryn came walking in the door, hand in hand. They were laughing and would occasionally kiss each other's cheeks.

They stopped when they saw us. Hunter let go of Eryn and stepped forward. "Two days. That's all it took for you to get over a year and a half relationship."

"Lane-" he said.

"Don't call me that. I cried every night you weren't with me. But you? You were off sucking the face off the one person you tried to protect me from." Her voice cracked and grabbed the hem of her shirt. She was about to shift.

"She is my mate Laney. What am I supposed to do? I'm not dating you anymore." His words were harsh and I could feel how bad it hurt her.

"Okay." She said. Her voice was flat and her expression blank. "That bitch you call ever name in the book is your mate now. You turn on me. Fine. But do not defend her to me."

She had anger coursing through her veins. She shifted and ran through the door, shattering the glass. Everybody was stunned.

I changed into my wolf and ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I had to find her. I howled for Laney to come back. No reply.

I ran to the pack house and changed back.

What was I going to do?

Laney's POV

I couldn't believe him! He totally lied to me. All of the times he said that he would never let her hurt me. He did the one thing that hurt me the most. Defend her against me. I ran to the only person that actually understood me.

Blane Wild.

His mate died in a rogue attack and he almost lost his life. I saw him at school one day and he looked about in tears. I talked to him about it and what had happened to me and now we were best friends. The good thing about Blane was that he was gay. I loved, absolutely loved that he was gay.

I didn't care what he was. He was always there for me like a brother. Now we have been best friends for a few years.

I got to Blane's house and changed back. We have clothes all over the forest just in case.

The thing my wolf was wondering was why now that all boys were affecting me. I honestly don't know. Since Sam came back everything had changed. I want to be me, but I don't want to upset him. I mean that's was mates do. Make the other as happy as possible.

I got changed and walked up to the house. I knocked the secret knock so he would know it was me. The door instantly opened and I was pulled inside.

"What happened babe? Why are you here?" He asked concerned and out of breath.

"I think I need help." Tears started to pour out of my eyes. His strong tan arms wrapped around me tightly. I always loved to comfort that his embrace gave me.

We sat down and I told him the whole story. The beginning of me and Sam. He didn't know we were childhood friends. The first kiss, eighth grade, the creep, Sam leaving, me moving on with Hunter, Sam coming back, the kiss, and what happened today.

I cried until there weren't anymore tears to cry. Blane just held me. He knew exactly what to do. Silence was the best thing for both of us. The noise of words made it worse. It's like the moon Goddess put us here to be best friends.

There was a sudden knock at the door. Blane got up and went to the door. He looked through the peep hole.

"Laney, it's for you."