Chapter 2

Sam's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was really shocked. She stood there with a blank face. Her cheeks suddenly turned pink. I chuckled to myself.

Right after she said she liked being my mate, she passed out. I rushed over to her and grabbed her. Running to the nurse, I held her close to help her heal.

She just laid there asleep. The nurse called the teacher and said we were in the nurse. I was about to fall asleep when a hand moved beside me.

"Lane, are you alright?" I asked a little out of breath.

She grabbed my hand. "Yeah, I'm good. Just really nervous. Oh crap!"

"Babe, I would never reject you. I love you. I always have." I kissed her cheek gently which made her cheeks turn red.

She rolled her eyes. "I mean Hunter. My boyfriend." We got her some water and crackers to help her. It pissed me off that she was dating someone. I guess she moved on. I carried her all the way back to the classroom.

"Sam! Put me down. I can walk on my own." She whined like a little kid.

"Only for a kiss." I grinned at her. She wrapped her arms around my neck quick and pulled my head to her. It caught me off guard, but when her warm lips connected with mine I knew she wanted the kiss. She licked my bottom lip, and I groaned. Just as I was about to deepen the kiss, she pulled back and got down.

Laney's POV

What did I just do? I kissed Sam! I have a boyfriend! But Sam is my mate. The one person I'm meant for. On the other hand, Hunter was there when I needed someone the most. I will figure it out later.

I smiled brightly as I made my way to the teacher's desk. They all stared at me. I smiled and introduced him. "This is Sam Tatum. He will be joining us so please make him feel welcome."

I went to my seat and he followed. We were walking down the isle and he grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. I almost let out an embarrassing moan. He sat and pulled me onto his lap.

"Slut much!" Megan slapped my arm and smiled. I turned bright pink. The other students crowded around us and kept asking us questions. "What's Hunter going to say?"

I gave her the 'we'll talk later' look. She understood, but kept talking.

"Are you going to have sex with Laney? She totally would love that!" Megan said really loud.

"Oh shut up, Megan!" I said in a confident voice. I winked at her. "You really worry me sometimes."

He turned in the seat and rubbing against my ass. "Well Megan, Laney seems to be enjoying this, so you never know what will happen."

Kissing the back of my neck, and rubbing his hands up my side. "Let's see how far you get bad boy."

People didn't really think it was weird of me to be sexual with Sam because they know how I feel about Sam. We were practically lovers before he left.

The bell rang and I went to get up, but Sam pulled me back down. "Lane, wait. I want to tell you something. I'm the alpha of the Midnight Steel pack. And with you as my mate... The Luna position is all yours."

I smirked and walked to my next class. I didn't tell anybody that he was my mate. And I told him not to tell anybody either. Hunter didn't need to know without me explaining first.

I walked into my next class, English. I spotted Lauren sitting down. I walked over to sit by her. "Hey twiney. So Lauren have you seen the new kid?"