Chapter 5

Laney's POV

I didn't want him to go. But when he said he loved me, I was blown away. The honesty in his voice was made me want to tie him to the bed and kiss him all day. He was an amazing boyfriend. Like our freshmen year and he defended me when a creepy guy tried to hit on me.

。。。。flashback 。。。。

"I want to be with you forever Laney." Sam said kissing my hand. I could remember our first kiss in the field. I smiled and hugged his waist as we walked.

Stopping at the lockers to drop something off he let go so he could put his stuff away. I just leaned against the lockers and waited. His buddies came up to him and started joking around. I wasn't paying attention when a guy walked up to me and pinned my hands to the lockers.

I stood there in shock and worry. Couldn't Sam see what he was doing?! "Hey babe. I'm gonna take you on the ride of your life."

"Um no you aren't!!" Sam yelled and punched the guy. He ran towards me and hugged my shoulders. "Baby are you ok?!"

He did his routine check. Hair, arms, legs, neck, face, and stomach. He checked me from head to toe. Not that I minded. He always cared for me and protected me. I loved every bit of it.

I remembered every time he did that. He would pull my pants down a bit to check my hips and it would make me go crazy. One time, sophomore year, we were in his room just relaxing. We were watching a movie that was r-rated and very dirty.

He went to the bathroom and got a snack. He came back and did his check. This time though he went a little farther on his check. He checked my hips last and instead of putting me back on the bed, he pulled them down farther. I didn't feel ashamed to show him my body for some reason. It felt right.

He pulled my pants all the way off and I could tell he was losing his control. It turned me on in so many ways. He kissed my thigh. His kisses traveled up my leg and to my hips. I started to feel guilty that it was the wrong time. "Stop. Not right now please."

He obeyed my wishes and put my pj bottoms on me. He bundled me up in a blanket and we snuggled during the rest of the movie. He looked disappointed when I said stop, but turned back to happy when we cuddled.

。。。。flashback end。。。。

Just remembering those things made me feel bad when I lashed out on him. He held me when I had my problems. How do I tell Hunter about this? This is going to be a disaster.

Currently I'm am sitting on the bed watching Criminal Minds. It was just getting to the scary part when there was a knock at the door. I didn't answer and just kept watching the show.

I heard the door open and shut softly. "Hey sis. Can I talk to you?"

I looked over to see my brother about in tears and crumble apart.

"Yeah! Come here, what happened?" My heart pounded in my chest. He was never like this.

"I found my mate. Finally. Being nineteen and mate less sucked. But now I found her." He seemed like he wasn't telling the truth.

"Are you sure? I mean that's great because you are beta and all. But why do you seem so distant instead of excited?" I asked concerned.

He took a deep breath and let it out. "She's pregnant."

I gasped and said, "oh my gosh! Don't you think it's a little early for that?!"

"It's not mine. Her name is Autumn Maybell LaRose. It's her boyfriend's kid. This is her first kid with him. She's eighteen!! She said she was two months along."

"Do you know whose kid it is? I mean if you guys mated, then it could be yours." I said.

"We did. The first day we met. That was about a month ago. But she didn't realize we were mates so left the next morning."

"We shall figure it out. Don't you worry. What am I supposed to do about Hunter though?" I sighed and flopped back on my bed.

"Ask Sam. I'm not supposed to say anything. He's in his office talking about it." With that he got up and left. I tracked my mate down and knocked on the office door. Hunter opened the door and pulled me into his chest.

"I missed you so much last night." He sighed into my hair, lifted my head up and kissed me with all he had. I moaned in his mouth and pulled on his neck for him to be closer. A throat cleared behind us and I broke the kiss to see Sam and Alpha Tatum.

"Can I talk to you alone for a minute, Laney?" Alpha Tatum asked. Sam was already pissed off because he saw is kissing. Him leaving would make it worse.

"Sure. I must ask you a question first." He nodded for me to ask. I opened my mouth to ask, but closed it and turned red. He chuckled. "What do I do about Hunter and Sam. I know Sam is your son, but what?"

Both boys grabbed grabbed an arm. "Don't even think it." The boys said in unison. Their grip tightened.

"If this is going to work between you three, then it will have to." Alpha Tatum instructed the boys to sit on the couch. So they did. Not before fighting who's lap I was going to sit on. I ended up on a knee of each.

"Dad, please. We have already started this process. If you take her away, everything will blow up here. The pack won't run right." Sam gripped my waist and pulled me closer. Hunter let go and I was in Sam's lap.

"Lane, I can't do this anymore." Hunter stood up. "I love you to the end of the earth and back. But you have your mate. I can't get in the way of that."

My heart shattered. Hunter was the one that I loved because things worked between us. Sam I loved because he was my mate. I was supposed to love him.

"Hunter." He walked to the door. "Hunter Dakota! Stop right there. This isn't done. I love you!" Tears dripped down my cheeks.

"We will always be friends baby." He grabbed my hands in his and kissed them. "I will always love you. But Sam is right. I have a mate out there that needs me. You have Sam. Go to him and love him. That will make me happy."

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him to me. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to his body. His shoulder was wet from my tears when he pulled back. "I love you Hunter. Don't forget that." He smiled and kissed my cheek. Turning he let go of my hand. In that moment, I felt like my heart died.

Sinking to my knees, I cried even more. Warm arms wrapped around me and pulled me to his chest. "Shhh. It will be okay."

I looked at Sam through my eyelashes. His eyes got a little darker. "Do you love me because I'm your mate? Or because of what we had?"

"I love you because of your personality. The way you laugh at things that make no sense. How you get shy when a person talks about how amazing you are. I love you for the future. The past is the past. Both good and bad memories. I will make everyday of your life the best day ever." He said.

I smiled really big. "I love you too."

《《《《《《《《《《《

Thanks for reading this far. I would really like to know what you all think!!

Love you!

~LoveMeLatte