Chapter 17

Laney's POV

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sam stood in front of me, not daring to turn around. Rachel looked scared sitting in the middle of all this. Maybe it was Sam mind linking her. I let out another shaky breath before getting up. Breath after breath made the anger boil inside of me for him doing this to me. Again.

"You know what I never thought would happen?" He turned a little to speak, but I beat him to it. "You doing this shit again. You never changed you only hid it. You are the worst person ever Sam! Go to fucking hell!"

I was about to walk out when I turned around to see his face. I made myself look sorry and walked to him. In that moment, the one thing I thought I never had enough courage to do, I did. His lips parted and I pulled my hand back and rammed it into his face.

"That's for everything you have ever done." My voice was calm. "You can have your stupid ring back." And I threw the engagement at the floor.

Slamming the door behind me, a worried Greyson ran up to me. "Babe, what happened?"

Tears streamed down my face. He pulled me into a hug which felt a lot like Brian's hugs. Those two boys could be brothers, they are so much alike. "I can't even say it. It just hurts so much!"

He had his arms wrapped around me as we slid into the floor. I curled up into his lap and we rocked back and forth. It had been quiet for a bit so I looked up at his face. I could tell that he was mind linking some one. About that time, Brian walked up the stairs.

"I got this Grey." They nodded at each other an Greyson got up.

"I want to have a little talk with the so called alpha of this pack." Greyson sounded sour as he said alpha.

"Hey sissy. Sorry I haven't been around so much. Me and autumn went to go visit this family in Haiti. We are going to adopt." His voice was filled with joy.

"Bub, that is amazing! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks. It's a boy. But we might also get a girl too. We haven't decided yet." He pulled his phone out and showed me the boy and then the girl.

"They are beauti-" I stopped talking when I heard Greyson yelling. It was hard to hear, but I still listened.

"I don't care if she is your sister! She is a traitor. You are really going to give your mate, the only person that will make you happy, up to the one person that will fuck her like crazy as soon as he gets ahold of her! I thought you were the alpha! Obviously not."

"Don't you dare disrespect me! I will get Brian to take your spot!"

"Go ahead! If you are going to give my sister up, then what ever friendship we had here, is all trash. Just like you, you stupid bitch!"

The door was yanked open and Greyson walked out. Now I was really confused. He almost called me sister earlier and now he said it again. What is going on?

"Laney, I'm going to kill that son of a bitch." I raised my eyebrows at him. "Oh and bub, you are the beta now. I'm done with everything to do with Sam."

Brian and I exchanged looks. "Grey, I need to talk to you. I think she needs to know."

He got up and they walked down a little ways away. Their hands were flying everywhere and ever so often they would look at me and seem to prove a point.

They walked back to me and came to a conclusion. "Lane, I think this is best discussed with mom and dad."

•••••

We were in dad's office with me, dad, mom, Brian, and Greyson in it. I got this bubbling feeling like something they were going to say was going to be really bad. Like a kid when they get caught and the parent wants to talk to them.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry we kept this from you." My mom was my rock no matter what. She was on my right and Brian was on my left. They were holding my hands for comfort. "The truth is, Greyson is your brother. Your father and I had him when I was only sixteen. A year before Bub. At sixteen I couldn't handle it. So the alpha family took care of him. Naturally he is beta, but acts and has the temper of an alpha."

Greyson scoffed at mom. "I do not! That's a line of bullsh-"

"Young man! Watch that mouth of yours!" His mouth shut and he sat down in the chair. "Good. Now you can tell her what you wanted to say Grey."

"Laney, when you were only seven, I was ten, you got hurt. It was before you kissed Sam for the first time." I blushed and everybody laughed at me. "Well do you remember a story about a princess named Dalphinea?"

"Yeah. She was the pretty one that grew up without knowing who her mom was."

"Exactly. That day that you got hurt, she visited you. You were asleep and she came looking for you. She was in your room for over an hour. Came out and then just left, without saying another word."

My heart tightened. I remembered what she had told me. I scared me more than ever. "I-I... She... Uh."

"Laney. Do you remember what she told you?" My dad asked.

I nodded. "She said I was going to die the night of my nineteenth birthday."