Chapter 119

Caleb and I have been on the phone for two hours. It's one in the morning. We haven't talked like this in forever. I missed this. Maybe Eveyln not wanting me to tutor Ryder anymore wasn't such a bad thing after all.

"Caleb,"

"Yeah,"

"Yesterday, when you said Ryder thinks he's entitled to me, what did you mean by that?"

The phone goes completely silent, and then he responds, saying, "It was just something I said; I was mad. I didn't mean it; I shouldn't have said it,"

"So you didn't mean it when you said that Ryder somehow finds a way to take everything you love?" He seemed very convinced about what he said; it's hard for me to believe he didn't mean it.

He sighs, "No, I did,"

"Why did you say it?"

"He took my sister from me," he says bitterly.

I had no idea Ryder knew Willow's sister.

"My sister and I were always close, that is until she decided to come to one of the all-star football games with the teams in the state."

"Last year?"

"No, the ninth grade."

Ninth Grade? They've known each other since the ninth grade.

"That's where they first meet, and ever since that day they were on and off,"

I say slowly, "Ryder and your sister dated for three years on and off?" not hiding the shock in my voice.

"Yeah,"

"Did she love him?" To date someone for three years, she had to.

"She said she did,"

"Did he love her?"

He laughs in disgust, "He doesn't love anyone but himself,"

"So you don't like him because he dated your sister?" That's a valid reason, but just because his sister fell in love with him doesn't mean I will.

"No," he snaps. "I don't like him because he treated my sister like shit; I honestly feel like he went out with her as some sort of joke,"

"What did he do?"

He candidly says, "He made her fall in love with him,"

"I don't think that's how it works," I'm pretty sure you can't make someone fall in love with you.

"It does; when he was around her, he pretended to be someone he was not," he explains, "Once she fell in love with him, he became a different person hence why they were on and off. They would break up for something he did, and then she would forgive him and go back,"

She sounds like Ashely; I can't believe Willow dated Ryder. From the way Caleb described her, she sounded like a smart girl, not too smart since she continuously went back to him even after he did something. Whatever this something was.

"I'm sure a big part of that had to do with her losing her virginity to him,"

My mouth drops wide open, but I don't say anything.

"She always said she wanted to wait until she got married, but she threw away everything for him," he bitterly says. "Well, was going to throw away everything,"

"I feel like I'm missing a key point," even after all he has told me, it still feels like I'm missing something.

"Ryder's the reason she's dead,"