Chapter 184

Graduation Day

They're gone.

The ceiling that once held my biggest regrets, my darkest secrets, and my worst pain they're no longer there anymore; the words have merely vanished, leaving no trace of what used to be. Now when I look at the ceiling, all I see is a bare white wall, no hint of the old me; looking up, I don't see the words and thoughts of pain I once had. It matches what I feel because I don't feel the pain anymore.

"You should probably get dressed now,"

"I know," I climb out of bed and walk into my bathroom, turning on the shower. I'm super excited, but this whole day feels like a dream. It's graduation day; I am actually graduating; I never thought I would make it to this day.

If someone was to tell me anytime last year, hell, if someone told me three months ago that I would be going to my senior graduation, I would have laughed right in their face.

I get out of the shower and then go to my closet, grabbing the black dress my mother bought me and then slip it on. It fits perfectly. I smooth it down. There's a knock on my door. Blair walks in. "You look hot,"

"And so do you," she's wearing a form-fitting nude dress; her blonde hair is pin-straight, and she is wearing red lipstick.

She takes a seat on my bed, "Remember last year; you weren't you even planning on being here,"

"Of course," How could I forget?

"Now look at you, you're excited to graduate; your parents are downstairs excited to see you graduate,"

"Pfft, only so they can be on the first flight out of here," I'm counting down the seconds till they leave.

She grabs my ringing phone and says, "It's Ryder!"

I take it from her and answer. "I hope you're getting ready," I say to him.

"I'm already ready; my mother woke me up at like 7 am,"

"Of course she did," Evelyn is so punctual; I would have hated to be there with him at seven; he is not a morning person.

"I was just calling to make sure you didn't jump off a building or something,"

"Nope, still here," I'm not going anywhere.

"Good!"

"I have to go; my mom's calling me, but I'll see you there," I hang up the phone and then place it on the charger; she narrows her at me as I walk over. "What?"

"Nothing," she hums.

I walk out of my room and down the hall to my parent's room; my mom sits on the bed with her hand on her belly, taking deep breaths. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, your sister is just moving a little too much,"

"Sister?!"

"Oh yes, so sorry, pregnancy brain, it's a girl,"

That doesn't make me feel any different, "Did you pick out a name yet?" I ask, even though I really don't care.

"No," she shakes her head. "Not yet, we can worry about that later," she stands up and places her hand on my shoulder, "There are bigger things at hand; my baby, my firstborn, is graduating today," she puts her hand on the side of my face, "I am so proud of you,"

"Thank you,"

"And... and I am so sorry about the school situation and not believing you, I'm sorry that you had to go through that, I'm so-"

"It's okay mom," I have forgiven her; I can't hold on to that anger; all it's going to do is bring me down. "Please don't cry, then we're going to have to wait another hour, so can you redo your makeup," The last thing I want to be is late to my graduation.